Models Bones and vertices are not proper?

• I just finished doing weight maps to my character bones and my character does not have as many vertices as some of the preset characters do in poser. Is it because of my models built structure that its missing out on vertices or did i do something wrong? Cause it feels like certain bends on bones there's a very bad crease in some areas but im missing out on vertices. I can send someone the file of my model if they would like to look further into it. 0_1541963329017_Screenshot_110.png 0_1541963345372_Screenshot_111.png

• @shadowofabyss at first sight, your character (on the right) appears to be a deliberately low-poly figure intended for real-time game animation. It's design intentionally minimises the number of vertices and polygons to permit it to be efficiently animated in real-time. Figures designed for Poser, typically have many more vertices and polygons than game figures as Poser's origins came from rendering still figures, which requires more detail to be built into the figure.

Animations are possible with Poser, but their delivery is by rendering still frames and compressing the sequence of stills into a video format which can play in real-time, rather than directly rendering character animations in real time on screen.

To match the inherent level of detail of Poser designed figures, game figures can now be subdivided directly in Poser, provided the figure uses the Poser Unimesh Skinning Method (found under the Figure menu). Subdivision easily adds extra vertices and polygons, providing a smoother, organic shape and profile for figures, but cannot create or re-create detail that does not exist in the original model, like facial features, or toes. Such details have to be modelled directly, which is usually done outside Poser, which allows rigging of models, but was not designed specifically to model them.

I'm sure others on this forum with direct figure modelling experience will have more advice for you.

• Ah, thank you that information was very helpful. Also last thin i wanted to know is why doesn't the hip of my model let me bend the legs? It doesnt give me a option to parent it to the legs or i don't know if its cause its parented to whole body i recorded it just in case my explaining was bad.

• First thing I thought of was there no IK chains for your models legs. Or that IK is turned off. In the manual there is section about IK chains and how to build them. Also take a look at Gingers IK chains.

• @richard60 Alright i will def take a look at the manual, cause i have no idea where to find the lk chains to view them on Ginger. Thank you.

• This may not belong here but i didn't want to create a new post unnecessarily, but something got duplicated on the model and its not letting me delete it or select it at all but says its part of my model when i disable my model to be viewed, but it doesn't move with the model if i move the model up down back or forth. 0_1542125935208_Screenshot_114.png

• This post is deleted!

• That copied piece disappears when switching the figure skinning from unimeshl to poser traditional but the shoulder polygons look indented on poser traditional and more smooth on unimesh but i cant get rid of the copied piece . 0_1542131557475_Screenshot_115.png 0_1542131564403_Screenshot_116.png

• @shadowofabyss object that can't be deleted usually occur, in my experience, when a file loaded contains a geometry reference that doesn't have a matching prop or actor section, whether because of typos or a section just missing from the file. The geometry gets loaded into the scene, but doesn't have any parameters, and without a prop or actor declaration, can't be selected for deletion.

At such a point, you usually have to revert or reload the scene to a point prior to whatever change added the extra geometry.