BE WARNED - if using Apple's Mojave with Poser Pro 2014!

• Apple's latest Mojave System 10.14.1 refuses to launch Poser Pro 2014. Does anybody know of any cure?

Apple's new system update also screwed up other software, such as Lightwave3D. I have been on the phone to Apple three days running with a host of other issues, too many to list. Their suggestions is to make sure your have the old system with all your software backed up on another drive, because you can't go back once Mojave is installed. In my case I felt screwed, because launching from an external drive Poser Pro no longer recognizes the Serial No when entered. When I contacted Smith Micro they had no plans for fixing Poser Pro 2014. So watch out. Anybody with a solution, please step forward.

• The solution is simple - don't go to Mojave unless it has something that you must absolutely must have.

The fact that Apple (or Microsoft) releases a new version of their software, doesn't mean that you should immediately jump on it. Especially with Apple - QA has gone into the toilet since Sir Idiot Boy was put in charge of software.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but there it is.

I've been on OSX since 10.0, and like most creative types, I am preparing to transition away from Apple. The T2 chip means that future Mac computers are viewed as appliances - anything breaks, and you need to buy a new computer. And at the prices Timmy wants means that there will be fewer and fewer customers. There is a reason that Apple isn't talking unit sales in future quarterly statements.

The reality is that Timmy doesn't want us as customers anymore. Apple has moved from being a computer company to a luxury phone manufacturer.

• @proser18 if you go to the main SmithMicro web site you can reset your Poser License's association with your Mojave upgraded boot drive and make it available for re-registration with the previous OS's external boot drive.
    0_1542078245983_Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 1.59.49 pm.png
    Be aware that you only get a limited number of changes per month (3) before you have to contact someone at support.

• @ssgbryan said in BE WARNED - if using Apple's Mojave with Poser Pro 2014!:

The solution is simple - don't go to Mojave unless it has something that you must absolutely must have.

The fact that Apple (or Microsoft) releases a new version of their software, doesn't mean that you should immediately jump on it. Especially with Apple - QA has gone into the toilet since Sir Idiot Boy was put in charge of software.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but there it is.

I've been on OSX since 10.0, and like most creative types, I am preparing to transition away from Apple. The T2 chip means that future Mac computers are viewed as appliances - anything breaks, and you need to buy a new computer. And at the prices Timmy wants means that there will be fewer and fewer customers. There is a reason that Apple isn't talking unit sales in future quarterly statements.

The reality is that Timmy doesn't want us as customers anymore. Apple has moved from being a computer company to a luxury phone manufacturer.

Yeah, I still love my Mac mini, but I can't use any new software on it. I had to migrate to the windows laptop. And I will be upgrading soon, so I'm watching how everyone else makes things work. Also, I ain't spending no $1000 on a phone!!!