RTX 2080 ISSUE

• I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried searching but wasn't able to find anything. I just recently got a rtx 2080 and when i try to render on it with superfly, it looks like it is rendering for a second but then just finishes with a grey image. When I use superfly on my ryzen 7 2700, the image renders fine, it's only when I tell poser to use the rtx 2080 that it seems to fail. Is anyone else having this issue?

This is the error that I get from the logs:

CUDA error at cuModuleLoad: No binary for GPU

I have no idea what that means.

• @clayphd

I don't think RTX GPUs(RTX 2070,RTX2080 or RTX 2080Ti or Turing architecture ) are supported currently in Poser, I know in Blender Cycles you need to compile own CUDA Kernel

There are few issues with CUDA 10 which will break old render kernel on older GPUs and due this maybe we are still not seeing proper RTX support in many renderers

If you want then I would try Blender 2.78 with Turing or RTX support which has been compiled

http://graphicall.org/1241

Due this I still didn't upgraded to RTX GPUs as there almost non existing support for renderers, I think Octane have out RTX beta version but still not sure if its worth it to get it

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

The cause of a CUDA_ERROR_NO_BINARY_FOR_GPU error is the lack of an embedded binary image for the specific architecture of the GPU one tries to run on, combined with the absence of PTX code that could be JIT compiled.

Simply put, not many programs know how to use your video card yet.
    If you have enough slots, you could put your old card in and the disable processing cuda in the nvidia driver settings, for the 2080 card.

• The Poser team would have to have the latest version of Cycles in order for any Turing card to work. Supposedly there's a maintenance release 11.1.1 that's will be coming out at some point but whether that has the updated Cycles nodes and Turing support, we won't know until SM states that's the case.

• Just watched this out of interest

There is a luxmark result, so presumably anyone using the Reality plugin could make use of an rtx car.

• Thanks for all the replies. I thought that Poser might not support it, but I was more worried that I was doing something wrong.