Hair grow with DSON imported G2M figures

• Hello Poser Fans

The hair funktion with DSON imported G2M figures has many bugs and malfunktions.

• When I want to mark the skin area for hair growing, I can't see the red marked area. Regardles the hair grows there. but the marking is a blind fly.

• When I've created a beard for example on a G2M figure and I save it into the library, after reloading the figure, the beard doesn't work anymore and it's not possible to create new hair on this figure. The hair funktion is defektive at all for this figure. But it's possible to save this figure as a partial scene, so I can sail around this bug and save haired figures this way

• When I have complex scenes with big files also all hair on the G2M figures are defektive. Also this issue I can sail around if I import the G2M figures I've saved as partial scene and the end of my creartion work.

But all this sail arounds for this hair bugs with DSON imported figures needs much time. Is there a chance this bugs will be fixed in the future?

G2M figures are the only figures they have the quality of body shape I can use for my work.

• Poser Ambassadors

DSON is a Daz3D product so not something that Smith Micro can do anything about.

• @ghostman Thank you for your answer. And the coopertation between Poser and DAZ is not good anymore? No one is interesseted to organize an update?.

I will ask DAZ, but I'm not very optimistic. It's a pitty Poser is the good software. DAZ has the good human figures. Without DSON importer Poser would not be usefull for me.

• Hi. I have used Genesis 2 Male with Poser 2014 and Poser Pro 11 and apart from not being able to see the group when editing the Hair, I haven’t seen the other issues that you describe.

I am able to save the G2M figure to the library and/or save the scene as a cr2 or save the hair to the hair library and the hair is still editable when I re-open the scene or load the figure/hair.

When I am creating hair for Genesis 1 or 2 I export the figure from DazStudio as a cr2 first and load that into poser, the hair editing groups are then visible as the figure doesn’t use DSON.
    I save the hair to the poser hair library and can then load the hair on to a DSON versions of the genesis 1 or 2 figures, and can restyle the hair if I wish to

• @adi Thank you very much for your answer. It works to save the hair and reload it back to the figure :-)

But it's the same problem. As soon I try to reload the beard to the figure wich stands in a scene with many big complex probs (like 3D fraktal structures wich have 500MB or more) the beard is broken and not editable anymore. It only works if the scene is not to complex. The only way to reload the figure with a working beard into this scene is to save it isolated as partial secne and import it back into the scene after the sence is loaded. If I just save the scene together with the beard figure the beard is broken.

• a liitle post scribt:

I think the problem is the G2M figure wich is saved together with the big complex scene. The hair funktion is broken at this figure. It's not possible to give them hair again. It's the same issue as if I save this figure with beard into the libary. The hair funktuion is broken of this figure if I reload it.

But you say that works in your version. Do you maybe have another DSON importer version then me. Or another configuration?

0_1543144840446_Unbenannt.PNG

• @joker when one grows hair on a figure (and this is far less noticeable on scalp hair, since we rarely use or see scalp morphs), the figure's geometry gets modified to include the underlying group which the hair is grown from. That step is absolutely necessary for Poser to map figure morphs onto the hair props, as there is a one-to-one mapping of the figure vertices within the hair group and the hair growth prop.

The grown hair can be saved to the library separately from the figure, but if it is subsequently reloaded onto a figure which does not contain the hair group, the morph linkage is broken, and the hair will only show the shape of the unmorphed figure. This is a total pain if the figure refers to an unbroken mesh in it's obj file reference, since saving the figure will not update that file with the added hair group. Just ask @vilters if you want chapter and verse on Poser's Mesh Wars and duplicated vertices at welds.

The way I have worked around this in the past, is to save the actor on which the hair group has been added (like the head) as a separate prop. In the figure's CR2 file, instead of that actor's geometry definition referring to the actor within the figure's OBJ (figureResFile reference), you can change it to load the prop you saved. Since the prop will have the same number of vertices as the original actor, all the morphs will still work, and with the included hair group, the separately loaded dynamic hair prop will link to the actor's hair group and inherit all the figure's morphs.

• Poser Ambassadors

Grow the hair on a prop, (Skull Cap).

That way you can save the hair to the library, without any references to a figure or the figures mesh.
    This will also allow you to use it on basically any other Figure as well.

What you are describing happens with Poser figures as well.
    The only major difference is that a Poser figures geometry is not a different name every time like Dson exports.

• @shvrdavid except that when @joker mentions a beard created for G2M, a skullcap won't cut it, as it can't follow the head morphs, so the figure's mouth could open, but the beard would be stuck in the original place and shape, not following the jaw at all!

• Poser Ambassadors

In that case you would have to copy the morph and possibly the rigging info to it.

Here is an example of how to do that in Studio.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74526

I dont see why you could not do that and then export it thru Dson to Poser

• @anomalaus said in Hair grow with DSON imported G2M figures:

The way I have worked around this in the past, is to save the actor on which the hair group has been added (like the head) as a separate prop. In the figure's CR2 file, instead of that actor's geometry definition referring to the actor within the figure's OBJ (figureResFile reference), you can change it to load the prop you saved. Since the prop will have the same number of vertices as the original actor, all the morphs will still work, and with the included hair group, the separately loaded dynamic hair prop will link to the actor's hair group and inherit all the figure's morphs.

That sounds interessting, but I don't understand how I can change this figureReference and looad the head prop with the beard
    But Normaly it works to save a G2M figure with beard. It's only a problem in big complex scenes. (and its not possible to add this beard figure ti the library)

My way to solve this issue is to export the whole figure with the beard isolated as a partial scene. This isolated figure I can import back to the complex scene and the beard works. So I must export all figures with beards additionally when I save the scene. In this way I can restore the whole complex scene with the beard figure.

But it seams your solution could be better. but I don't understand exactly how to do ist.

• @shvrdavid I may be misunderstanding what you're suggesting, but for Poser created dynamic hair on a figure, there is no need for any of the morphs (and you can see that the growth props are not saved to the library with morphs when you inspect the CR2) to actually be transferred to the growth prop. As long as the group on the main figure from which the growth prop was spawned still exists in the figure, Poser automystically applies any figure deltas to the growth prop, keeping it perfectly aligned with the underlying figure. If it's done this way, there is no need for morph transfer, or valueOperation linkage of morphs. Poser just does it.

But that only works with the additional group on the underlying figure. The easiest way I found to achieve that for a figure which I know will load from the library with dynamic hair, is to save those bodypart actors with grown hair out as props (without any of their morphs applied, so their mesh vertices are identical to the original figure mesh for that group) and have the CR2 refer to those actor OBJ files directly.

{
    version
    	{
    	number 6/11
    	build 34764
    	}
    	{
    	// This file consists of all trunk actor objects for the 'Second Skin' product
    	}

figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilWom_v4b.obj
    actor BODY:3
    	{

}
    controlProp GoalCenterOfMass:3
    	{

}
    controlProp CenterOfMass:3
    	{

}
    actor hip:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
    	objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilWom_v4b_hipHair.obj
    	}
    actor abdomen:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
    	objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilWom_v4b_abdomenHair.obj
    	}
    actor chest:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
    	objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilWom_v4b_chestHair.obj
    	}
    actor neck:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
    	objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilWom_v4b_neckHair.obj
    	}
    actor head:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
    	objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople:blMilWom_v4b_headHair.obj
    	}
    actor eyeBrow:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0 0
    	geomHandlerGeom 13 eyeBrow  
    	}
    actor rEye:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0 0
    	geomHandlerGeom 13 rEye  
    	}
    actor lEye:3
    	{
    	storageOffset 0 0 0
    	geomHandlerGeom 13 lEye  
    	}

}

In the above example, which only details the trunk actors, not the limbs, a full-body dynamic fur growth for V4, hair was grown on the hip, abdomen, chest, neck and head actors, but not on the eyebrow or eye actors. The eyebrow and eyes object definitions in the CR2 retain their original reference to the actor groups in the original figure mesh OBJ file, so that the figure is still correctly identified when matching poses, but the actors which had hair grown refer to a separate OBJ file which retains the hair growth group, so the original figure mesh does not need to be modified.

{
    version
    	{
    	number 6//11
    	build 34764
    	}
    	{
    	// This file consists of all actors for the 'Second Skin Fur' product
    	}

hairProp Hip_Hair_1:3
    	{
    	name    Hip_Hair_1
    	on
    	bend 1
    	animatableOrigin 0
    	animatableOrientation 0
    	dynamicsLock		1
    	hidden		0
    	addToMenu	1
    	castsShadow		1
    	includeInDepthCue		1
    	useZBuffer		1
    	parent hip:3
    	creaseAngle 80
    	subdivLevels 0 
    	subdivRenderLevels 0 
    	backfaceBehavior 1 
    	channels
    		{
    		groups
    			{
    			groupNode Dynamics
    				{
    				parmNode Dynamics
    				}
    			groupNode Transform
    				{
    				parmNode Scale
    				parmNode xScale
    				parmNode yScale
    				parmNode zScale
    				parmNode yRotate
    				parmNode xRotate
    				parmNode zRotate
    				parmNode xTran
    				parmNode yTran
    				parmNode zTran
    				}
    			groupNode Visibility
    				{
    				collapsed 1
    				parmNode Visible
    				}
    			}
    		hairDynamicsParm Dynamics

The excerpt above shows the hair growth prop actor definition for the figure's hip, which does not contain (nor needs to) any of the underlying figure's morphs, since they're transferred automatically by the hair group on the actual hip actor.

This is the result of doing it this way:
    0_1543221671681_Wild Thing?.jpg

• Poser Ambassadors

I was thinking more of a conforming figure to grow the hair on.

• @shvrdavid that is actually what I've done above. The fur is grown on a second V4 figure which has a small inflate morph applied. The second skin figure is, due to Poser bugs, slaved, rather than conformed, since it was created at a time before the follow endpoints and follow origins conforming parameters existed, and despite being an identical figure, V4 would not conform accurately, at the time, to another V4. My solution was to slave every parameter, so the conforming inaccuracies were bypassed. One day I might try turning it back into a conformer, but it works not, so I won't waste the time.

But, of course, the fur figure can be saved separately to the library, with its added hair groups, and be loaded and conformed later, if required.