Genesis 8 into Poser via Willdial method.

• Anyone here gotten this to work fully?
    I asked about my issue over in the Rendo thread, but no answer, so here goes...

Genesis 8 Female figure is not a problem, she converts and loads fine but needs adjustments in the materials.
    However when it comes to eyelashes and the genitals, there is no way that these will work for me, despite Willdial's application having an eyelash setting.
    I have delved into the cr2's created and they reference an object file that I can't for the life of me find, it seems as though it simply hasn't been created.

Anyone else had a problem or even been successful in getting the eyelashes and genitals into poser? - If so how?

• Obviously, I have gotten the eyelashes successfully into Poser. I'm just having trouble following the steps you are doing.

I assume you are using version 2 of the Updater which contains the Genesis 8 support.

The updater contains a PDF with the steps for the Genesis 8 Eyelashes. Follow each step. DAZ's DSON Importer is very picky.

While the eyelashes have to be updated for the expressions, the genitals do not.

The DSON Importer handles the object file reference. It creates files into a single called DSON under the Runtime folder.

• @willdial
    Thanks for the reply.
    Have followed the pdf for version 2 with the eyelashes but each time I get the error
    alt text
    Nor can I locate the object.
    Are you saying that genitals can just be exported and re-saved in Poser without being converted?
    As it is getting to the busy time of the day here, tomorrow I will go through the steps and list them in this thread so as you can see if I am doing something wrong.

• It seems as if I was doing something wrong, simply because this time it worked, the eyelashes converted OK, still unsure why I had failures previously.

So only question that remains is from your previous comments, I don't have to run the genitals through the converter - yes?
    Just open and save out as new cr2?

Thanks again for your time.

• @tastiger You may not have done anything wrong. The DSON Importer has an internal cache and will not regenerate the files even though the original files are missing. One time, I had to clear out old files 5 times before the DSON Importer generated the files correctly.

Do not run the genitals through the Updater. It can be treated like a clothing figure. The Updater adds stuff to get the facial expressions working, nothing else.

• @willdial said in Genesis 8 into Poser via Willdial method.:

@tastiger You may not have done anything wrong. The DSON Importer has an internal cache and will not regenerate the files even though the original files are missing. One time, I had to clear out old files 5 times before the DSON Importer generated the files correctly.

Do not run the genitals through the Updater. It can be treated like a clothing figure. The Updater adds stuff to get the facial expressions working, nothing else.

Ah that may explain things, as I'm certain I did nothing different this time.
    Thanks for the great little app and your responses.