Not seeing Cycles as an option with EZSkin3- MacOSX Sierra

• Poser 11- just DL and updated 2 days ago,
    Can someone help? I DLi'd and installed cycles skin as I understood the instructions-in the Python Poser Scripts folder.
    EZskin3 shows up- then I put the Cycles Skin and material python scripts into the Custom Shaders folder.
    I don't see it as an option-just Firefly and Superfly.

• @pelagius Superfly would be your Cycles option. Superfly is a Poser Hybrid of Cycles.

• Hi (Earl? It's been awhile-I was involved with the Poser2012 Pro Beta and also V4-WM)
    Bopperthijus released an add on to Ezskin3 called cycleskin.py that is a plug in for Ezskin3. Supposedly, it can be selected from within EZskin to apply. It is supposed to go in the EZskin Custom Shaders directory-and be available in the same pulldown where you select Firefly or Superfly. I attached an image showing what is SHOULD look like in the EZSkin3 interface. I don't find 0_1543452374732_Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 8.32.25 PM.png cyc

![alt text](0_1543452122917_Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 4.39.30 PM.png )

• @pelagius The following is from the Poser 11 Reference Manual.

Chapter 21: Using SuperFly
    SuperFly is a ray tracing renderer that is based on the Cycles render engine used in
    Blender.

Superfly is a hybrid renderer that uses nodes from Cycles. So if EZskin gives you a Cycles selection you would select SF (Superfly).

• @pelagius so it looks like you have cycleskin.py in the right place, are you using EZSkin build 89? If you are using an earlier version, EZ_CycleSkin (SF) may not show up.

http://snarlygribbly.org/snarlyspace/ezskin.html

• @cobra Hi Cobra
    Where is the right place? The instructions saw to place it in the Runtime Folder, Python, Poserscripts, EZskin3, Custom Shaders
    I have the last build posted on SnarlyGribbly's website.Build 89![alt text](0_1544062514434_Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 6.10.48 PM.png image url)

• @eclark1849 said in Not seeing Cycles as an option with EZSkin3- MacOSX Sierra:

@pelagius The following is from the Poser 11 Reference Manual.

Chapter 21: Using SuperFly
    SuperFly is a ray tracing renderer that is based on the Cycles render engine used in
    Blender.

Superfly is a hybrid renderer that uses nodes from Cycles. So if EZskin gives you a Cycles selection you would select SF (Superfly).

Hi!
    Yes_I think we are talking about 2 different things? EZSkin3 modifies existing node networks to connect to the Superfly Root. The shaders themselves are the same ones as used by Firefly. What I am talking about is a PLUG in for EzSkin3.pyc called cycleskin.py- that is supposed to be invoked from within the EZ script. Bagginsbill set it up to add his CYCLES shader node set up for SSS skin. Using Cycles nodes. Here is part of someone else's version. I believe BB posted details on the now defunct RuntimeDNA forum. 0_1544062973242_Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 5.56.40 PM.png

• @pelagius EZSkin3.pyc is the only file that needs to go into ScriptsMenu, everything else can go wherever you want. When you start EZSkin, click the wrench and make sure Custom shader engines is pointing to the right folder.