What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?

• @deecey
    Same here with my nick - been using it since Poser 3 - I see no reason to change it now. I have also seen some rather alarming things happen to people when they have their real name published online - have good look at some YouTube videos and see what can happen with people getting stalked - same applies to Facebook, way too much information available if you don't know the correct security settings.

• @tastiger All too true, with Facebook at the top of the list, and being the worst of them all. It just amazes me when friends of mine wonder why I don't do ANY social media, of any kind. ~shakes head~

• @miss-b
    Yet people complain about a lack of privacy in this modern age, but they have no compunction about baring their whole life to the world on Facebook......

• I don't recall the forum software allowing me to change my name to LaurieA, otherwise I'd have changed it to that. I'll see if I can get that done. However, I always sign my posts with my name, so anyone who reads it and knows me knows it IS me. LOL.

Laurie

• @laurieallen I tend to recognize folks by their Avatars as much as by their Name, so I would know it's you in any case. ~wink~

Of course, there are those who have, for whatever reason, a different Nick/Alias on different forums, so every once in a while I don't recognize who it is, but that doesn't happen too often.

• There was a time i was online by the nickname Drawing-Warrior.
    I am from Germany, my last name is Krieger, that translates into Warrior and Drawing is what i like to do the most since i was in school.
    Last April i turned 52 and i am quite active in some other forums as well, concerning worldviews, philosophy, religion and atheism.
    So i thought i was getting to old for this nickname and the topics become somehow serious so i decided to use my real name in all of my forum stuff.
    So far nobody wants to stalk me and no one has send me death threat emails... seems to be the right decision.

• @laurieallen said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

I don't recall the forum software allowing me to change my name to LaurieA, otherwise I'd have changed it to that. I'll see if I can get that done. However, I always sign my posts with my name, so anyone who reads it and knows me knows it IS me. LOL.

Laurie

"I Use the Name I They gave me at AOL. I made it, link by link and yard by yard, while on Earth, and now I will never be rid of it, any more than you will ever be rid of yours!"

• @marco Yes, Marco, but you're only using your first name. Tony, however, uses his last name, and that's where the issue of hacking comes in. I doubt it would be easy to hack someone, or get any personal information on anyone, who only uses their first name on a public forum.

• Can Poser 11 do anything with those FBX files?

• @miss-b this is true for this forum... as i joined in i filled in my full name, but it came out as marco... i did not even noticed it until the first reply on one of my postings showed up.
    I heard the rumor about Tony and his stalker but not in greater detail.
    On other forums i use my full name and there i get a lot of serious and vile feedback.
    If you think 3d-Forums are rough, try to have a discussion on topics like religion or basic human rights...
    But even in this situations no one threatens me or tryed to find out where i live and what my favorite food is.
    Sometime a have a bunch of negative groupies, following every posting i make and down vote them, pretty harmless.

• @marco said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

Sometime a have a bunch of negative groupies, following every posting i make and down vote them, pretty harmless.

I usually refer to them as trolls, and every forum has them . . . well maybe not this forum so much.

• On a lighter note...they changed my screen name....YAY! ;)

Laurie