What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?

• weather you like G3 or not, I don't care. If SM made Poser compatible with it it would at least end all these bullshit discussions about the subject.

• @ghostship
    It's very old and worn out. Beaten to death. "TGB" has come a long way since version 1. No longer a "TGB."

• @lotharen
    FBX is a generic format. Think of it like a TIF file is to Photoshop, or like an RTF file is to a Word Processor. It takes a lot of the features but doesn't take them all.

FBX format is used to convert DS (Genesis stuff) and Poser (M4 and V4 only currently) content to iClone, iClone does not work directly with DAZ Studio or Poser content natively.

Not sure about the Maya thing, as I don't have Maya to check it out. But I'm suspecting it uses FBX as a go between as well. If I am incorrect, someone please correct me. 8-)

• As first update SuperFly to latest Blender Cycles, which means denoiser, micro displacement, portals and materials as well and agree this SuperFly needs to be updated without the question, its slower than Cycles for sure

AMD Pro Render I would add to wishlist as many guys over here have AMD GPU and use more CPU than GPUs for rendering and AMD Pro Render is fast on CPU

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• Last time I read about Iclone they do not do morphs. So anything you import is stuck at what it was when imported. So no going from a little child to a giant hulking werewolf. If that is acceptable then it should be easy to bring a Genesis figure into Poser as you don't have to worry about any morphs.

• @deecey said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

@ghostship
    It's very old and worn out. Beaten to death. "TGB" has come a long way since version 1. No longer a "TGB."

With all due respect, I've noticed that most arguments don't start until someone comes along and starts complaining about just bringing the subject up. Things almost become a copy of one of those old TV Tropes from the 80's. Detective Whatchacallit investigates the disappearance of a young girl in her home town, but finds out the residents aren't too happy with him bringing up a subject they all want to stay dead and buried. :)

• Despite of all the shortcomings of the Poser Cycles integration that is SuperFly, I am still deeply thankful to the folks who did that. A Poser enthusiast since day 1, I was not using Poser for years any more until SuperFly came along and with it the first photorealistic renderings. I am also thankful for allowing Firefly materials in Superfly - with some modifications, of course - that lowered the bar to make the transition.

After almost three years in the market, it is about time now to add some of the most important improvements from Cycles into Poser. For me that would be a proper Superfly preview (without all these white textures), best case something awesome like Eevee. And, of course, micro-polygon displacement, which I love in Firefly and deeply miss in Superfly. Faster rendering speed can never hurt and there sure are some optimizations possible after all those years. A particle system would also be nice.

I still love Poser as a tool for creating 3d images. Nothing else comes even close to its ease of use. With the content I bought and created over the years I still could spend a decade without reaching the borders of my imagination. And this is while I am still using V4 and M4. It's sad to see that the creators are moving to DAZ, but they have to follow the market. It would be a revolution for content if SM could arrange to import DAZ objects > G2. I guess that would help Poser most to have a future.

• Yes, that is what I meant by allowing Poser to import Genesis figures so they work (ie, pose, animate ect) like they are designed to be....not just a static obj import. This would give Poser more life from a business stand point. I know there is a LOT of animosity toward Genesis and Daz, however if it allows the program you love to stay afloat wouldn't it be worth it. Also, if you don't like Genesis, then don't use it....its just that simple.

Things like better cloth simulation, soft body physics, instancing and particles would be a push in the right direction. Allowing Superfly to support render passes would be a HUGE asset, still can't fathom why you can only do that in Firefly.

I'm sure there are other things that artists and animators alike might want but those are a few of the things I can think of.

• On Mojave O/S - That the render previews are in the correct sequence - Newest to oldest like they used to be before Mojave.

• @lotharen said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

Yes, that is what I meant by allowing Poser to import Genesis figures so they work (ie, pose, animate ect) like they are designed to be....not just a static obj import. This would give Poser more life from a business stand point. I know there is a LOT of animosity toward Genesis and Daz, however if it allows the program you love to stay afloat wouldn't it be worth it. Also, if you don't like Genesis, then don't use it....its just that simple.

Things like better cloth simulation, soft body physics, instancing and particles would be a push in the right direction. Allowing Superfly to support render passes would be a HUGE asset, still can't fathom why you can only do that in Firefly.

I'm sure there are other things that artists and animators alike might want but those are a few of the things I can think of.

Poser already has cloth simulation, and soft body physics. Have you even learned how to use them?
    I don't understand why people who keep claiming that Poser is dead or dying are still using it?

• @eclark1849 said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

@lotharen said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

Yes, that is what I meant by allowing Poser to import Genesis figures so they work (ie, pose, animate ect) like they are designed to be....not just a static obj import. This would give Poser more life from a business stand point. I know there is a LOT of animosity toward Genesis and Daz, however if it allows the program you love to stay afloat wouldn't it be worth it. Also, if you don't like Genesis, then don't use it....its just that simple.

Poser already has cloth simulation, and soft body physics. Have you even learned how to use them?
    I don't understand why people who keep claiming that Poser is dead or dying are still using it?

Yes, I know....I did say 'better', not that they were absent

• @lotharen said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

@eclark1849 said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

@lotharen said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

Yes, I know....I did say 'better', not that they were absent

Okay, but how do you define better?

• @eclark1849
    What is the definition of the word "better"?
    You are kidding, right?
    Some of us wrote down in this thread what they want to be made better in and for Poser.
    Some are going into great detail about it.
    The only thing i hear from you is spiltting hairs, correcting people over gramma issues or simply saying Nee, thats not what i want.
    I have no idea where your behavior has its roots, but i for my part had have to much of it!
    Where i come from, we tread other people with kindness and respect.
    You should work very hard on both!
    You are not the only one who has spend time, money, sweat and tears in this.
    I don't no what you are trying to gain with statements like"if you not know the answer, shut up and go away"!
    This is not arrogant, thats rude and stupid.
    But go ahead, explain to me why you think you have the right to do so.

• @marco The grammar thing was simply me having a little fun. I even put a little smiley face on it to show it was mostly a joke.
    But let's address some of the other points you're obviously perturbed with me about:
    "I don't no what you are trying to gain with statements like"if you not know the answer, shut up and go away"!"

If you read the post in context, My statement is meant to keep people from making false statements, or just trying to start a fight or flame war. I was looking for an honest answer to a sincere question. That might come across as rude to you, but it certainly wasn't arrogant.

What is the definition of the word "better"?
    You are kidding, right?
    Some of us wrote down in this thread what they want to be made better in and for Poser.

This is the easy one to answer. It simply means how do you define making something better? For example earlier this week I said in the "submit your suggestions" thread that Poser should add material cloth pre-sets to the cloth Room. I think anytime someone says they want something made to be "better". they should at least clarify What and how they think something could be made better. Not everyone thinks alike, so something that may appear to be obvious to you . may go completely over my head. And no, I'm not arrogant enough to think I know everything, but brave enough to ask since I don't.

• @eclark1849
    Let me get back to you, got familiy business to do.

• Poser Ambassadors

IMO the #1 problem with cloth room is presets will never work, and people think to keep asking for them. Presets don't work because the parameterization of the cloth room is always per vertex or per polygon, never per meter.

If you could consistently get the same amount of sag, bend, or stretch from the same meter-wide cloth prop, regardless of whether that is 24 polygons or 2000 polygons, then your perception of how "hard" it is to control would largely go away and then the notion of presets would be possible but far less necessary.

The density of polygons on a cloth prop should not so dramatically alter its behavior. Instead it should be only to increase the resolution of the bending or stretching or sagging - to make cloth that can follow a curve more closely. Instead, adding polygons alters what the cloth does which is wrong.

• Poser Ambassadors

Hi BB, this discussion remembers me about another one ; Quads or tris for the cloth room.

Problem in this fast and furious speedy live we live in, is that people often choose the fast and easy way to solutions.
    That's why they ask for "pre-sets" to get "quick" results without having to tinker along with dozens of test-renders.

The "drag-drop-render' population is outgrowing the slower technological test-population.
    Tja, most customers get home from work, open Poser as a hobby, and expect to go to bed an hr later with a finished stunning render.

• @vilters said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

Hi BB, this discussion remembers me about another one ; Quads or tris for the cloth room.

Problem in this fast and furious speedy live we live in, is that people often choose the fast and easy way to solutions.
    That's why they ask for "pre-sets" to get "quick" results without having to tinker along with dozens of test-renders.

The "drag-drop-render' population is outgrowing the slower technological test-population.
    Tja, most customers get home from work, open Poser as a hobby, and expect to go to bed an hr later with a finished stunning render.

Nothing wrong with that, Tony. While I'm not normally a render by numbers, person, there 's no rule I know of that says it is wrong to do so. To me, a preset is simply the next logical step. Look at a radio, for example. We flick from station to station at a press of the button. But those buttons are simply "presets" either set by the manufacturer or by the user. Not like the early days when you had to tune in each station by ear and hand.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849
    Hi Earl, did you read BB's post?
    Polygon density, => Low poly cloth or high poly cloth. Tris or quads (or a mix of those)?

Both have a higher influence on how dynamic clothing behaves then the "cloth room pre-sets" everybody is asking for.

For years I have been saying ; It all starts (or stops) with the quality of the obj file.

• Low poly clothing over low poly figures.
    • Hi poly clothing over hi poly figures.
      The obj file mesh density has to be +/- the same (preferably a little denser) as the figure you are draping the clothing over.

• @vilters said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

@eclark1849
    Hi Earl, did you read BB's post?

Yeah, I did, Tony. And I actually agree with him. But, we're talking about content developers who should know how to build the type of mesh they want to work in the Cloth Room. I don't expect users to know how a silk dress or satin dress acts or how the mesh should be made, but I do expect the content developer to know. I don't do much clothing modeling anymore myself, but I think if I were to get back into it, I'd include the cloth room settings for the type of material the dress is supposed to be made of. I don't consider that any different from the math and math types BB includes when he does material settings.