What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?

• @glitterati3d said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

@eclark1849 It's like every other Poser forum on the internet, Earl. DS users come in, overwhelm the forum, bury Poser renders in DS renders and eventually turn another Poser forum into a DS forum.

:roll eyes: :sigh:
    How about that:
    "It's like every other Poser forum on the internet, Earl. Blender users come in, overwhelm the forum, bury Poser renders in Blender renders and eventually turn another Poser forum into a Blender forum."
    Seriousley: A real well meant advise:
    Go see a doctor. Your "DS conspiracy" fantasies don't look healthy anymore. You are fighting wind mills.

• @masterstroke
    That’s my problem also, I read so much time Genesis is not a native poser figure so if you like to use it, go and use DAZ! Fortunately Genesis 1 and 2 are working very well in Poser! For Poser 11 even Genesis 3 will work. I think a lot of Poser user will be happy to get genesis 3 and 8 to work without work around to get them to work.
    So I hope for the next poser version is to get genesis 8 to work and instances for scenery’s.
    And I’m not a DAZ user, but Genesis 2 user

• @masterstroke ROFLMAO, ripped that scab right off your master plan did I?

See the Renderosity Poser forum and Poser For Dummies forums for proof of concept.

• Perhaps the problem is the toxicity of the forum and not the tools used or the preferred platform. You guys sound like little elitist children on their video games talking crap to the new guy or gal because there not as good or don't believe like you. If poser dies it will be because of this attitude and why new 'potential' users will stay clear.

• Poser Ambassadors

Ach, it is a general problem.
    99% of forum users are "hiding" behind false names, Internet log-ins, Nicknames, everything is valid "but", a true name.

Forums where members need passport or drivers licenses verified "real names" usually don't have these issues.

I was born as Tony Vilters, living in Belgium- Europe, and proud of it.
    That's who I am, and always will be.

Every soul hiding behind a nickname has "by definition" a hidden agenda. (Sometimes a sponsored "hidden" agenda.)
    Use a nickname and "by definition", you lose 99% of your credibility.
    And that goes for EVERYBODY. => Even true lies are still lies.

• It’s fine to use real names, but if your name is seldom in your country (actual 64 people with the same name) it’s not a good idea, I head just a year ago some problems with someone who ordered in my name and address a new expensive cellphone…, this person got the phone from the post office because I was not at home when it was delivered and no one worries about the correct signature, because Christmas time has a lot of traffic at post offices and the employees don’t have much time! The time I had to invest to solve this criminal problem was immense! In general I live in Germany near Hamburg I use Poser since version 5 and the only reason I don’t switch to Daz studio is because I’m too lazy to learn this software and I prefer still Poser Pro 2014 while using Genesis 2 male and females as my main characters.

• @vilters OK Tony, I can understand a lot of what you said, but not all folks using a Nick/Alias instead of their real name, are doing it to "hide" for nefarious or malicious reasons.

There's a long story behind my Nick/Alias, but to make it short, my first and last names both start with the letter B, and when my parents were still alive, my dad used to call my mom Mrs. B when he was in a playful mood. A friend years ago found out, and started calling me Miss B when she wanted to make sure she had my attention because she was about to say something she wanted to make sure I was paying attention to, especially when we were in a large group of people.

She's since passed about 15 years ago, but I have another friend who also refers to me that way, though she has a habit of calling me Ms. B, instead of Miss B. So IOW Tony, Miss B "is" who I am, and the reason I prefer to use it than the name on my Birth Certificate, is because my personal life is private, and with all the ways hackers have found to hack away at any and all personal information on the 'Net, I'd rather keep as much of my personal life as private as possible. I don't have any other reason for using Miss B online for over 20 years. Long before I ever got into 3D graphics, I was a global moderator for a 2D Graphics forum, and used the same Nick/Alias on that forum as well.

Please don't assume everyone's reason for using a Nick/Alias is so they can do harm in one way or another, especially since a good number of them are vendors in one of the 3D marketplaces. We have enough spammers on the forums, one of which I had nuked this morning from the HW3D forum after he created 18 posts within less than an hour. We don't need to point fingers at folks who aren't using their real names because we "think" they're doing it to hide out.

• My question is "why, after 7 odd years since the release of Genesis are we still arguing about this?".

My hope for Poser is that is gets better native figures, support for Daz figures (if that's what the developers WANT), better support for Cycles and it's nodes, better dynamic cloth and hair and a better overall experience than we've had the last few years.

Geeze...I don't even know why I still even lurk in this forum. I just hope I'm gonna see some glimmer of a new Poser version so I can maybe get back to it again. Instead I still see the same **** I've seen for the last better part of a decade.

And FWIW, yeah I use DS a lot more than I use Poser now (even if I hope I can use a new version of Poser again) and I'm not hiding behind any alias...I'm the same LaurieA as always.

Laurie

• @vilters said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

Every soul hiding behind a nickname has "by definition" a hidden agenda. (Sometimes a sponsored "hidden" agenda.)

I've been going by "Deecey" in the Poser community since 2000. People know me by that name. Ain't about to change it now! LOL

• @deecey
    Same here with my nick - been using it since Poser 3 - I see no reason to change it now. I have also seen some rather alarming things happen to people when they have their real name published online - have good look at some YouTube videos and see what can happen with people getting stalked - same applies to Facebook, way too much information available if you don't know the correct security settings.

• @tastiger All too true, with Facebook at the top of the list, and being the worst of them all. It just amazes me when friends of mine wonder why I don't do ANY social media, of any kind. ~shakes head~

• @miss-b
    Yet people complain about a lack of privacy in this modern age, but they have no compunction about baring their whole life to the world on Facebook......

• I don't recall the forum software allowing me to change my name to LaurieA, otherwise I'd have changed it to that. I'll see if I can get that done. However, I always sign my posts with my name, so anyone who reads it and knows me knows it IS me. LOL.

Laurie

• @laurieallen I tend to recognize folks by their Avatars as much as by their Name, so I would know it's you in any case. ~wink~

Of course, there are those who have, for whatever reason, a different Nick/Alias on different forums, so every once in a while I don't recognize who it is, but that doesn't happen too often.

• There was a time i was online by the nickname Drawing-Warrior.
    I am from Germany, my last name is Krieger, that translates into Warrior and Drawing is what i like to do the most since i was in school.
    Last April i turned 52 and i am quite active in some other forums as well, concerning worldviews, philosophy, religion and atheism.
    So i thought i was getting to old for this nickname and the topics become somehow serious so i decided to use my real name in all of my forum stuff.
    So far nobody wants to stalk me and no one has send me death threat emails... seems to be the right decision.

• @laurieallen said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

I don't recall the forum software allowing me to change my name to LaurieA, otherwise I'd have changed it to that. I'll see if I can get that done. However, I always sign my posts with my name, so anyone who reads it and knows me knows it IS me. LOL.

Laurie

"I Use the Name I They gave me at AOL. I made it, link by link and yard by yard, while on Earth, and now I will never be rid of it, any more than you will ever be rid of yours!"

• @marco Yes, Marco, but you're only using your first name. Tony, however, uses his last name, and that's where the issue of hacking comes in. I doubt it would be easy to hack someone, or get any personal information on anyone, who only uses their first name on a public forum.

• Can Poser 11 do anything with those FBX files?

• @miss-b this is true for this forum... as i joined in i filled in my full name, but it came out as marco... i did not even noticed it until the first reply on one of my postings showed up.
    I heard the rumor about Tony and his stalker but not in greater detail.
    On other forums i use my full name and there i get a lot of serious and vile feedback.
    If you think 3d-Forums are rough, try to have a discussion on topics like religion or basic human rights...
    But even in this situations no one threatens me or tryed to find out where i live and what my favorite food is.
    Sometime a have a bunch of negative groupies, following every posting i make and down vote them, pretty harmless.

• @marco said in What are you hoping for in Poser 11.1.1?:

Sometime a have a bunch of negative groupies, following every posting i make and down vote them, pretty harmless.

I usually refer to them as trolls, and every forum has them . . . well maybe not this forum so much.