Occasional Library XML Error

• I occasionally get a XML Error when opening Poser 11.1, which I just purchased recently. Is this a common bug. I can close the error box and everything seems to work normally--and it doesn't happen all the time but it is annoying. I've never had it in any other version of Poser. I'm running the Windows 10 OS.

• @tomsde I get two errors EVERY time I open Poser. First error when the library loads and the second error when I select the materials library. Doesn't affect anything.

• @tomsde

I get it every so often and then I go to the users folder (Mac) I can't remember what it is in PC, sorry. There I go into thefolders and toss out the ContentLibrary_9.db, RenderCache folder contents and if need be the LibraryPrefs.xml and LibraryState.xml files. You do not need to delete the last two but at times just that first one will make the error go away.

I manually toss out the rendercache folder contents and then there is also the PoserTextureCache (I think found in temp files folder (appdata).
    The other stuff might be in appdata/roaming/poser folder...manually deleteing the temp folder poser cache stuff is good too cause I always had problems with poser doing it like it should.

since my pc burned up I have not had a pc to play on. Anyway they will reproduce themselves too

• Poser Ambassadors

@tomsde said in Occasional Library XML Error:

I occasionally get a XML Error when opening Poser 11.1, which I just purchased recently. Is this a common bug. I can close the error box and everything seems to work normally--and it doesn't happen all the time but it is annoying. I've never had it in any other version of Poser. I'm running the Windows 10 OS.

This error started to happen to me after Windows update a few months ago. To me it happens if I open up a large folder (containingmany subfolders/items) for the first time after I start Poser. The error is a python xml errro with Access denied. It however does load the folder and shows me all items. It usually happens only once every Poser session, so it bothers me not that much.
    I filed a bug report on this one at SM.