Looking for my Checkmark Icon Boxes for my Library Panel

• I dont know how these always end up disappearing to or what I do to lose them but the icon boxes under the bull-horn icon with the check and double check for saving stuff are currently missing in my library panel. Any ideas how to get them back without resetting to 'factory'?

alt text

• @trentsol Since it seems you don't use the Hierarchy Editor, I can't tell whether you have Andy selected in that scene. I use the External Library setup, but I don't see the check, double check, folder, plus, minus and star icons until I select something in my Library, OR, in the case of wanting to save something to the Library, I have what I want to save selected in my scene.

Try selecting Andy and see if that brings up the icons for you.

• @trentsol as @Miss-B has mentioned, the library manipulators are context sensitive. It seems from the upper left of the scene preview that Andy2's Chest actor is selected, so I would have expected to at least see the Folder and + buttons for the library. However, you also don't appear to have anything selected in the library pane, so that would be my suggestion: Select a specific folder in the library, in one or other of the appropriate library categories. If you want to save a prop, select the Prop library icon, then select a prop in the scene (Ground, etc.). If saving a figure pose, select a figure (as you appear to have done) and then select a destination in the library hierarchy. If that doesn't make a difference, the next step would be to hit the Library Refresh button, which is probably hiding under your drawn oval.
    0_1544690990985_Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.48.35 pm.png Library Refresh in bottom right (circulating arrows).
    I regularly have to use the refresh when I save filtered poses with a Python script, or want to use a Raytrace Preview as a library icon, and want the library to refresh its display.

The other thing to try is undocking the Library pane (select its top and drag it away). If you wan't to preserve your layout, select one of the empty UI dots before you move the Library pane, then select the dot to put everything back.

I'm also not seeing the '...' ellipsis, on the bottom of the library pane (it may be hidden by the drawn oval, but maybe not). That's where the library settings hide. That should become visible when you undock the library.

• @trentsol if i remember correctly, you have to have an active selection in the viewport to have the icons visible you are searching for.
    Click somewhere on the figure so that the bodypart is highlighted.
    This will bring back your missing icons.

• Poser Ambassadors

Yea if you don't have a folder selected, none of the buttons are applicable so they all hide. You can't do anything at all, even if a prop or figure is selected, when there's no folder chosen to save it to.

• Poser Ambassadors

@anomalaus said in Looking for my Checkmark Icon Boxes for my Library Panel:

so I would have expected to at least see the Folder and + buttons for the library

No you would not, because you can't add a folder unless you FIRST pick its parent folder to be added to. And you can't save a prop or figure until you choose a folder FIRST.

• Poser Ambassadors

@marco said in Looking for my Checkmark Icon Boxes for my Library Panel:

@trentsol if i remember correctly, you have to have an active selection in the viewport to have the icons visible you are searching for.
    Click somewhere on the figure so that the bodypart is highlighted.
    This will bring back your missing icons.

No it won't. You don't have to have an active selection. You have to select a folder in the library itself. You can't save anything or load anything or create anything without a folder being involved.

Once you have a folder selected, even if there is no selected actor, you can at least create a subfolder or add to favorites. Active selection of a prop or figure has NOTHING to do with it, except for the button to save that actor to the library.

• @bagginsbill
    Thanks for correcting me.
    I have poser open right now and you are absolutly right.
    Apologies to the one who started this thread, i don't want to mislead you.

• I will express my appreciation for @ bagginsbill (without actually tagging him, since he already knows he's right, having written some substantial portion of the Library code, IIRC) dispelling our speculations with fact. It's awfully easy to get into the habit of assuming bugs or brokennesseses in Poser when the logic of an unexpected situation isn't hammering one in the face with obvious solutions. :-)

I'm impressed that there is actually a promotional message appearing there in the selectionless context.

• Poser Ambassadors

@anomalaus said in Looking for my Checkmark Icon Boxes for my Library Panel:

However, you also don't appear to have anything selected in the library pane, so that would be my suggestion: Select a specific folder in the library

Anomalaus you actually had the answer first before I spoke. But it got lost in other irrelevancies.