New Figures for Poser any update?

• @phdubrov

That's because most don't want to have to mess with re-positioning eyes. In most Poser figures, (All, as far as I know) the eyes are separate groups and independently rigged. (Of necessity.) Sometimes, depending on the morph, the rig needs to be altered a little bit in order to prevent the eyes from rotating out of their sockets when their geometry has been moved. Some creators, notably Sarsa and Thorne, who have re positioned the eyes in many "fantasy" themed morph packs, include Pose Fixes to set the rig back up to its customized parameters after a standard figure "Pose" was loaded and, inevitably, that pose creator didn't bother excluding eye movements from their pose. (Or, purposefully included them for a dramatic look.) Unfortunately, this often has the effect of including rig information, which resets the eye rig back to the default config... popping lots of highly customized figure's eyes out of their sockets whenever a pose is loaded. :)

There are some quite good morphs that pay attention to facial structure. Most custom morphs, IMO, work best at less than full strength, especially when combined with others. IIRC, there are some "ethnic" morph packs that pay particular attention to signature ethnic bone/soft-tissue structure and those few are probably the best attempts for Poser-based figures to deliver the sort of realism/variety you'd be looking for.

• @erogenesis said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

I took that a step further and modeled her bent. The original mesh is actually in fetus position. When the model was complete, I straightened her out to a T-pose. So her knees and elbows should be fairly well defined in bent positions and there's hardly any texture stretching as a result.

@vilters said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

Well, UV-Unwrapping in a "bend" pose is something I have not done yet, but a very good method to get rid of texture stretching when bend.

This is exactly the problem I run into with Marvelous Designer clothing. The model is perfectly UV-unwrapped (it is UV's wrapped/draped actually) but that works well only in dynamic clothing, but of course you need to remember not to start from zero pose.
    Conforming clothing with sleeves is a drag. You can use an avatar in 'T' pose but in normal poses the fabric texture of the shoulders looks awful. Ever wondered why Poser and DAZ clothing does not have checker or stripe patterns?

On figures in 'A' pose automatic weight mapping goes bad under the arms but that can be fixed. PhilC's OBJ2CR2 can do automated grouping on 'A' pose.

Ali's figures Angela(free) and Ang2 have 'A' pose as zero, and so has Scarlet. I always wondered why Poser does not have a 'set this pose as new zero' button. I tried to re-make Pauline into an 'A' pose but gavfe up in the end.

There is no hope for an 'A' posed version of PE?

• @F_Verbaas said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@erogenesis said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

I took that a step further and modeled her bent. The original mesh is actually in fetus position. When the model was complete, I straightened her out to a T-pose. So her knees and elbows should be fairly well defined in bent positions and there's hardly any texture stretching as a result.

@vilters said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

Well, UV-Unwrapping in a "bend" pose is something I have not done yet, but a very good method to get rid of texture stretching when bend.

This is exactly the problem I run into with Marvelous Designer clothing. The model is perfectly UV-unwrapped (it is UV's wrapped/draped actually) but that works well only in dynamic clothing, but of course you need to remember not to start from zero pose.
    Conforming clothing with sleeves is a drag. You can use an avatar in 'T' pose but in normal poses the fabric texture of the shoulders looks awful. Ever wondered why Poser and DAZ clothing does not have checker or stripe patterns?

On figures in 'A' pose automatic weight mapping goes bad under the arms but that can be fixed. PhilC's OBJ2CR2 can do automated grouping on 'A' pose.

Ali's figures Angela(free) and Ang2 have 'A' pose as zero, and so has Scarlet. I always wondered why Poser does not have a 'set this pose as new zero' button. I tried to re-make Pauline into an 'A' pose but gavfe up in the end.

The shoulder distortions are on DAZ Generation 4 figures. And that's because of their RIGGING and lousy UV maps, not because of the clothing. A conformer has the ability to minimize them with JCMs, etc. but not dynamic clothing.

Newer, weight mapped figures do not have the ballooning bends that the DAZ Generation 4 figures do - at the shoulders, knees and hip bends.

Trying to use new techology (MD) on old technology is always going to result in a frustrating experience.

• @Glitterati3D said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

Trying to use new techology (MD) on old technology is always going to result in a frustrating experience.

and that is exactly why we need a new solution.

• @F_Verbaas We HAVE a new solution.........weight mapped figures that use new technology.

We just need to stop trying to force a round peg into a square hole.

• @Glitterati3D said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@F_Verbaas We HAVE a new solution.........weight mapped figures that use new technology.

We just need to stop trying to force a round peg into a square hole.

That would require vendors to let go of Poser 6 and the Poser 4 way of doing things.....
    I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• @ssgbryan LOL. Yep, they still paint shadows in the nostril area on the face maps like it was 2001.

• @ghostship said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@ssgbryan LOL. Yep, they still paint shadows in the nostril area on the face maps like it was 2001.

The one that drives me crazy is the aggressive unwillingness to make material .mc6s. Material .pz2s were a hack for Poser 4. Hasn't been necessary for a decade now, but they still keep doing it.

• @Glitterati3D
    Weight mapped for sure. I never use the DAZ figures. Problem remains the same though. Poser bending assumes stretch and even compression.
    Most clothing does not stretch. It never compresses unless pre-strained. It slides and wrinkles.
    What we need is a 'drop, try on and pose' cloth room.

• I make a lot of my clothes for V4 in a simplified A Pose, my at ease pose, helps if you shrink the traps but arms by the side means V4's arms go into her sides which obviously screws dynamic cloth so I end up making very large arm holes or restricting the poses I use, most obvious in blouses and jackets

Amanda

• Just a quick reply to verbaas:

@F_Verbaas said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

If PE does well I might consider doing one.

• @erogenesis
    We have no doubt PE will do extremely well.

• This post is deleted!