New Figures for Poser any update?

• Poser Ambassadors

@erogenesis Looks good, I like her smile. The creases might be a little sharp tho. And the texture down the center of her nose needs some breaking up - it's too obvious that it's a mirror image.

• thanks guys! :)

@AmbientShade yeah the texture definitely still needs work, indeed the nose looks entirely mirrored. I spent a good 3 hours texturing the ear and I might have to adjust the UV map to make sure there isn't too much stretching there. The chin's texture was very stretched and that is fixed now, but I might have to adjust the UV map there. Smile crease is indeed a tad sharp, but also slightly in the wrong place I think.

@Glitterati3D those circles under her eyes are from a heavy night drinking... no lol they're probably from overlapping scatter groups of the eyesocket and the face. I need to separate them with mat zones and give them a different scatter group. They could also be from the material, but I think its the scatter groups.

There are a number of issues I need to dig into and investigate, like teeth. I think the eyes are ok now. Anyway, here are some more pics:

alt text

alt text

• @Netherworks said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

I'll support any figures you guys want to put out. I just need a gameplan of when and where.

awesome, you're a legend. I'm first going to complete my figure before even daring to come with a game plan! Poser has a tendency of changing my plans... ;) I really hope shades will put his out too soon

• @erogenesis As usual, your figures look fantastically real. Sadly, at the risk of sounding sexist, she needs some make up!

• @eclark1849 I think she looks pretty good even without makeup.

• @eclark1849 said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@erogenesis As usual, your figures look fantastically real. Sadly, at the risk of sounding sexist, she needs some make up!

hehe, first the base, then the rest ;) I will definitely provide versions with make up

@Miss-B said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@eclark1849 I think she looks pretty good even without makeup.

:D I prefer girls without make up

• @erogenesis said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

Ahhh, you prefer natural beauty. ~wink~

• @erogenesis Take my money now!

• @Miss-B said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@erogenesis said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

Ahhh, you prefer natural beauty. ~wink~

If they have any, so do I. :)

• Some thoughts on the figure conundrum:

The most frequent reason I see for the continuing use of V4 is the "massive amount of content I already own". This includes patches and fixes for her well documented issues. People rarely say anything positive about her looks or technology.

V4 has already been dethroned in Daz land. They accomplished this, in part, by making it easy to use the V4 content you already own through autofit and UV maps that accepted her textures. This, even though selling content is their bread and butter.

Selling content is not Smith Micro's bread and butter, selling Poser is. If people could/would get excited about a new figure using Vicky 4 content who cares? As long as it stops the bleeding and/or spurs new sales.

Poser users are desperate for a new figure. If it looks good and bends well, if it could take their legacy content, if it had whatever new tech USERS think is important why wouldn't they use it?

Wardrobe Wizard, Crossdresser, Texture Transformer, the fitting room, and fit room magnets to make it easy to put V4 content on Dawn all exist and Daz hasn't called out the lawyers on them. Buy them out, update them, create your own better tool specifically to put V4 content on a new figure and you would think you'd be in the clear legally. It has to be a drop dead easy solution though.

Vendors aren't going over to Genesis because of the massive amount of competition from other venders, they're going over there because of the massive amount of USERS. Create a user base and vendors will support it. The tail needs to stop wagging the dog.

SmithMicro could make this happen and may be the only ones who can, either by creating or by heavily supporting a current or as yet unreleased figure, in house or third party.

• well said crosby

I am positively dying to make PE like right now. Does anyone know a millionaire philanthropist that loves CGI?

Experimenting with teeth:
    alt text

Fixed the SSS problem under her eyes:
    alt text

Experiment with SF shaders (few months back):
    alt text

• Actually, I'm fine with the poser figures we have already. In fact, the real problem is that we have TOO MANY figures out right now. DAZ has one figure that it supports Genesis. Poser has Genesis, V4, Michelle, Roxie, Alyson, The G2s, Miki 1, 2, 3, 4, Pauline, Anastasia, Scarlett, Antonia, Apollo Maximus... Wheez!
    Did I miss anyone?

• @erogenesis said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

well said crosby

Excellent! Looks great.

Actually, I'm fine with the poser figures we have already. In fact, the real problem is that we have TOO MANY figures out right now. DAZ has one figure that it supports Genesis. Poser has Genesis, V4, Michelle, Roxie, Alyson, The G2s, Miki 1, 2, 3, 4, Pauline, Anastasia, Scarlett, Antonia, Apollo Maximus... Wheez!
    Did I miss anyone?

lol! Dawn I think

@Glitterati3D said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@erogenesis said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

well said crosby

Excellent! Looks great.

cheers

Actually, I'm fine with the poser figures we have already. In fact, the real problem is that we have TOO MANY figures out right now. DAZ has one figure that it supports Genesis. Poser has Genesis, V4, Michelle, Roxie, Alyson, The G2s, Miki 1, 2, 3, 4, Pauline, Anastasia, Scarlett, Antonia, Apollo Maximus... Wheez!
    Did I miss anyone?

Cookie and Chip. My personal faves :-)

Did I miss anyone?

gnobbit!

• @dcrosby Create a user base and vendors will support it.

Simply not true. Not in the least.

Perfect example..........V4WM. Not only did there exist a user base, the folks who created the WM version gave the users a tool to use their existing runtime on her.

MASSIVE fail.

• @Glitterati3D said in New Figures for Poser any update?:

@dcrosby Create a user base and vendors will support it.

Simply not true. Not in the least.

Perfect example..........V4WM. Not only did there exist a user base, the folks who created the WM version gave the users a tool to use their existing runtime on her.

MASSIVE fail.

When is a new figure not a new figure? When it's a kludge of an old figure pretending to be a new figure. Like an aging beauty queen in skinny jeans and massive amounts of botox. Might look good from a distance but get up close and you see the flaws.

Seriously though, I'm not sure how to approach this. Vendors are probably still making more content for V4 than, say, Dawn. Isn't V4 content also V4WM content? There were 2 weight mapped V4s as well, confusing the issue. Did V4WM excite the user base or was she a consolation prize for people that didn't want to give up Poser? What actually is her user base and how does it compare to Genesis? Is V4s base, on the whole, growing or shrinking?

I'll stand by my statement.

• @dcrosby I'm simply not going to continue beating this dead horse.

With V4WM, the group gave users everything they said they wanted and then they rejected it.

End of discussion.

• They aren't calling out the lawyers because it's a grey area and not a cut and dry violation, like lifting V4's feet mesh, putting it on another body and trying to sell that. It's also bad publicity unless it is clearly a black and white situation. A tool that approximates shape or fits textures is a tool rather than a violation of anything.

You will get followers for most human figures. However a strong base must have positives that clearly show users why it is advantageous to adopt a new figure. Is is easy to use and develop for? Is it a good canvas to work, neutral enough, with but shows signs of being attractive? (ugly figures, whether you agree or not, will put people off) Is the body proportioned and positioned in a way that makes the figure likeable? (this isn't about breast size and all that, but according to the rest of what is being created, does it all make sense together) Does it follow, when logical to do so, community standards? (T-Pose, UVMap style, etc - you might argue these things but you make conversions and lending harder when you start creating in A-pose, Y-pose, etc) Is the figure clean internally? (as in, using the tech that is available instead of throwing all kinds of crazy dial links and wiring in there and if you must, can it be optionally applied) Is the topology reasonable and logical?

There are lots of other points that can be brought up but any decision that is made, one should muse over the ramifications of those decisions. Any feature or design, is that of benefit and how does it trickle down to users and developers.

I think it has less to do with something like a massive content drive and more to do with how it is constructed, its benefits to users and developers and importantly, that it continues to be supported by the designers, with add-ons and updates.

I think at that point, they will come.

That's not to dismiss anything you've said, all points of view should be taken in and they all have tidbits of wisdom.