Installing Queue Manager 11

• I have been reading and seem to understand how it works, but im stuck at the installation part. Here are the questions:

1- How Do I Install Queue Manager?
    2- In how many PCs I can Install it?

I was thinking that it was on the Smith Micro Download Manager, then I select the license for it and voia! I have had only to get the PC(s) install Manager, paste my Pro license and there you go Queue Manager Installed on X numbers Pcs.

Thanks in advance!
    Arcanebits

• Poser Ambassadors

On each remote (aka "render slave"), install/run DLM. Insert the Queue serial (not the Poser Pro serial) into the DLM. The DLM should then offer to download and install Queue Manager.

You can install Queue Manager on as many machines as you like. The practical limit is the number of Cat6 sockets on your switch/router. I have eighteen machines on my network!

• @seachnasaigh Sr. You deserve a Cookie!
    Thanks a lot!

Arcanebits

• @seachnasaigh said in Installing Queue Manager 11:

On each remote (aka "render slave"), install/run DLM. Insert the Queue serial (not the Poser Pro serial) into the DLM. The DLM should then offer to download and install Queue Manager.

You can install Queue Manager on as many machines as you like. The practical limit is the number of Cat6 sockets on your switch/router. I have eighteen machines on my network!

18 machines? wow...

• Poser Ambassadors

@Y-Phil said in Installing Queue Manager 11:

18 machines? wow...

The trick is to buy ~used~ server blades; they cost about two cents for each dollar of their new price. You want units with two multi-core Xeons. Blades with dual L5520 H/T quad Xeons are quite cheap and give you sixteen render threads.
    The best bang for your buck are the Westmere series Xeons (X5650-X5690). Get a blade with two of these and you have 24 render threads at modest cost.
    0_1479931642341_dual Xeon machines.PNG
    Pixie, Sarit, and Raven are not on, at the moment.

• @seachnasaigh

Very good point. I will seriously think about it next year (I'm going to move near Christmas)

• Ok Guys! Thumbs UP for everyone! THANKS A LOT! I will gather somed CPU to put them into work!
    Thanks this is amazing!!!

Arcanebits

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.