Poser Pro 11 and Turing support.

• @johndoe641

I have bought for my friend build GTX1070 and for another GTX1080 which has been bought used and they're now at 3 month and no issues, used GPU can be bought for reasonable money

Getting RTX not sure if I would recommend right now as with Poser we are not sure where we are, other render engines like DS or Octane do supports Turing GPUs and Redshift etc

If you are only using Poser then I would probably get GTX1070 or GTX1080

@ssgbryan

If AMD ProRender will arrive or will be implemented in Poser then this would be awesome, but don't think we will see this,AMD I'm sure would help with implementation but if its worth it for them to do so, as Poser have very small installation base or there are not so many users

Recommending Mac Pro is simply not possible, because for lot less you can build own PC which can be easily to upgraded etc and can run OSX if you wish

Build few PC which are running High Sierra with multiple GPUs and ThreadRipper as well

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• Poser Ambassadors

@jura11 This is an old thread, I know, but I found it while researching support for the new card I was just gifted -- an RTX 2060. I am currently deving concurrently for Iray/Firefly/SuperFly and ran into the problem of not being able to render with GPU, which was a HUGE bummer.

But, I have a silver lining!

The real-time raytrace preview in Poser is FABULOUS with both Firefly and SuperFly and exceedingly accurate. As long as I kept my scene lightweight, I didn't have to do any proper renders in either engine unless I wanted to double-check and see how a larger render looked. It did a lovely job of switching back and forth between engines quickly for me, too. I was building new shaders for both engines from scratch, and it made things so, so much faster and easier!

I had similar results with the raytrace preview for Iray in DS but it was much more of a resource-hog than Poser's raytrace preview was. It looked stunning, though!

So, if you have a MB than can support multiple cards, I do heartily recommend the idea of using RTX for realtime visuals and previewing work, while saving the other card/s for rendering purposes!

• @nightsong said in Poser Pro 11 and Turing support.:

@jura11 This is an old thread, I know, but I found it while researching support for the new card I was just gifted -- an RTX 2060. I am currently deving concurrently for Iray/Firefly/SuperFly and ran into the problem of not being able to render with GPU, which was a HUGE bummer.

But, I have a silver lining!

The real-time raytrace preview in Poser is FABULOUS with both Firefly and SuperFly and exceedingly accurate. As long as I kept my scene lightweight, I didn't have to do any proper renders in either engine unless I wanted to double-check and see how a larger render looked. It did a lovely job of switching back and forth between engines quickly for me, too. I was building new shaders for both engines from scratch, and it made things so, so much faster and easier!

I had similar results with the raytrace preview for Iray in DS but it was much more of a resource-hog than Poser's raytrace preview was. It looked stunning, though!

So, if you have a MB than can support multiple cards, I do heartily recommend the idea of using RTX for realtime visuals and previewing work, while saving the other card/s for rendering purposes!

Hi there

Sorry for late reply there

RTX 2060 is great card, its in many ways fast as as GTX1070 and supports RT features in games etc

In IRAY you should be able to use it without the problems, just you will need to use I think 4.10 version of DS which does support RTX, 4.9 doesn't support

Just I would suggest if you are OC GPU try with stock clocks in rendering as with higher OC it will crash, although with higher OC wouldn't crash in gaming

Sadly real-time Raytrace window doesn't use GPUs with this I'm sure, you can try have opened SIV64 or HWiNFO and check CPU and GPU usage during the Raytrace refresh and you should see it does use CPU rather GPU

Poser Pro or Poser doesn't have or rather doesn't use it updated CUDA and due this you can't use Turing GPUs in rendering or Raytrace

This Raytrace window always have been used by CPU not GPUs

I use for rendering only GTX cards and RTX 2080Ti I use for preview or posing etc which is unfortunately waste of GPU

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura