New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available

• @ladonna Thank you for the helpful information. I thought I recognized the eye shader, ghostship's really is the best. I'll have to look into setting it up for other figures besides V4.

• @ambientshade said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@eclark1849 said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

I was simply pointing to a figure like Dusk and Dawn which has a Studio version, and a Poser version. A vendor can support the version he or she wants. I've never used Genesis, but I do know there are utilities that allow you to migrate the Studio version for use in Poser. I was just interested in whether a utility or app like that could be made for the new figure.

Dusk and Dawn were originally rigged in DS and converted to Poser. That was also done during Poser 9/2012. Things have changed since then. There are a few features that would not work correctly - or not at all - between the two apps now.

Just off the top of my head - the control props in La Femme's face and other regions would be lost in DS. Smooth Translations (part of what makes the facial rigging - as well as other parts - work in Poser) is a Poser only feature. DS can't read them, so facial rigging would have to be changed. Poser's HD morphing also would not work in DS, as it's a feature in DS that is reserved only for Daz vendors. There are a few others, but those are the ones I can think of right now. So it would basically require supporting two rather different versions of the same figure. More involved than it is to support Dawn/Dusk in Poser and DS.

Thanks for a complete answer, Shane. Although, I did know that Dusk and Dawn were originally rigged in DS, since I've never used Genesis or DS much, your answer reveals a lot I was not aware of.

• For the record, a user at Hivewire was apparently able to at least get La Femme into Studio and render a pic of her.

"it´s a DS render...i injected the morphs in poser 10...saved as a new figure...then in Ds converted the figure to the triax weightmapp...and here she is...working on Ds"

Here's a link to the thread on Hivewire if you're interested in reading.
    https://community.hivewire3d.com/threads/new-all-star-poser-only-figure-released.3413/

She apparently has the dials all working and everything.

• Poser Ambassadors

@varnayrah said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

I like that headdress a lot! What is it, may I ask? Lokks like Gray Cloud Design to me?

Great render, too^^ I think I will get the tempesta texture and the morph packs for LF. Although what I'd really really like ist that texture blackhearted used in many of his promos - with the freckles and the little heart tattoo.

Yes, this is the Noir headdress for Genesis8 from Gray Cloud design. I import the obj and retexture it.

• Poser Ambassadors

@kalypso said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@ladonna Thank you for the helpful information. I thought I recognized the eye shader, ghostship's really is the best. I'll have to look into setting it up for other figures besides V4.

Yes, his eye shader are the best. Most realistic. Use them for any figure.

• Poser Ambassadors

Another portrait.
    Film Noir
    Tempesta's Angel character, Ghotship SF eyes shader.
    Accessories .Grey Cloud Design.
    Lights, 2 Area lights at size 300 .One at her back side,another at her right side at strength 20%
    Construct blacked out.
    0_1548932766133_FilmNoir-Edit smart copy.jpg

• @ladonna Very cool. Where is the Liza Minelli-morph? ;-)

• Poser Ambassadors

@masterstroke LOL, yes somehow she looks a bit like her

• 0_1548947463375_BlueBird.jpg

• First evaluation (no renders, yet). Good, good, OK, good, excellent, ... wait, ...

AAAAaaargggh! Concave irides! NO, d*mnit! WHY???

[Much heavy breathing into a bin liner, and several pot-bag-strength cups of tea later]

OKaaaayyy, not a show-stopper. It just means I have to make my own iris-flattening morphs (unless there are some in a package I haven't purchased and installed yet [much diligent but fruitless searching ensues) before I'll be able to render realistic portraits with PBR eye materials.

So, here's a morph injection for flat or convex irides (medical plural of iris) on ShareCG La Femme Irides Convex
    0_1548947439330_LaFemmeIridesConvex.png
    The Raytrace Preview above, also shows the effects of a pair of magnets parented to the corneas, which give appropriate eyelid bulges when the eyelids would otherwise intersect the corneas of the eyes. Note that the magnets do not affect the eyes themselves, only the head actor (in areas defined by a weight map, so the brows can't be unrealistically pushed up [bone wins vs cornea] if the eyes roll up too far)
    0_1548947724845_Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 2.14.43 am.png
    I must say I'm seeing some excellent work on the facial morphs so far, once I understood that there are separate dials for moving the eyes which also affect the eyelids.

I haven't uploaded the eyelid bulge magnets to ShareCG yet, because their operation depends upon their calculation order being exactly last, after all of the morphs, since if they apply before bending, even, their effect won't necessarily account for eye and eyelid positions due to morphs, so won't bulge closed eyelids correctly. By default, newly created magnets will apply as the very first thing calculated on an actor, so I'll have to work on a regime to ensure their application after bending, as I'm not aware if the non-Pro version of Poser allows the user to display parameters in calculation order and move them, if required. I hope someone can let me know if this is the case, as I can post the .pp2 files a lot more easily and quickly if I don't have to pfaph around in Python to mess with evaluation orders.

• I forgot to mention that the eyelid bulge magnets also account for the strength of the CorneaBulge morph, in case that is applied, increasing their displacement accordingly.

• You may have not noticed, Blackhearted had already uploaded an iris morph here.

He created also a pair of experimental cornea smart props available here.

This info is from the Rendo “Poser Has a New Base Figure!!” thread.

• Poser Ambassadors

@varnayrah Very sweet. May I ask what outfit she wear? Adorable scene.

• @nagra_00_ said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

You may have not noticed, Blackhearted had already uploaded an iris morph here.

He created also a pair of experimental cornea smart props available here.

This info is from the Rendo “Poser Has a New Base Figure!!” thread.

Yep, I wish all 3 could be joined as there's bits in all of them Sorry didn't read properly, you are talking about a thread on Rendo, my bad

• @ladonna said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@varnayrah Very sweet. May I ask what outfit she wear? Adorable scene.

I agree, a very sweet render.

• Thank you!

The outfit is, I believe, a free dynamic dress by Lully called Seven year itch. I'm not sure though where she put it, but i think it was at Hivewire.

• @varnayrah YES! I just checked, and it was an Xmas freebie Lully put up at HW in 2017. Cool, now I'l definitely have to install it, if I haven't already done so. ~wink~

Whether it's still available, I don't know. I just checked my Downloads folder and found it.

• @ladonna I just checked, and I already had it installed, AND I checked and it's still up in the HW Resources for download if you want to grab it Ladonna. She uploaded it on 12/5/17, and it's listed on Page 2 of the Resources.

• @miss-b said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@ladonna I just checked, and I already had it installed, AND I checked and it's still up in the HW Resources for download if you want to grab it Ladonna. She uploaded it on 12/5/17, and it's listed on Page 2 of the Resources.

Do you have a link, I can't find it