New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available

• @thoennes

Ooops! Didn't realize that, my apologies. I've had a ton of stuff on my plate to convert from Genesis figures to LaFemme (hence, the "pulled in tons of directions" bit) and that was one of dozens that landed on my lap. I think I uploaded it a couple weeks ago for testing and they finally got to it 8-)

Here's a thought .... perhaps make a short dynamic flounce skirt to go with it (it would actually work with either yours or mine I would think). Above the knee length, or mini length would be cool.

• @deecey Actually, as I was walking the pups, I had in mind a tutu. Since mine is for dance (those are the scenes I'm into making at the moment. Athletic and dance (performance, casual, and competition). Who doesn't need a tutu? I mean, except tutu haters. They probably don't.

• @thoennes

Perfect!

• @thoennes I won't bother speaking for commercial vendors, and maybe things have changed over the last 20 years or so, but when I first started using Poser, a number of the things I first used were freebies. People often miss the importance of freebies because they're thinking small. But freebies are important to the economy of the Poser Market.

1. Gives artists practice. I learned how to use Blender giving away freebies. At one point I had 4 pages of freebies at Renderosity Freestuff making stuff for the Poser people. I eventually took it down because I was mad at Renderosity.

2. It gives the artist a following. Freebie or not most people will only use things they like. To this day I still like and use Kozaburo's free hairs even though I do buy from other artists.

3. It gives an artist a portfolio. As I said, I cut my teeth on freebies. And it also happens to be how I got my store at Content Paradise.

4. You can try things out. If you go to Share CG, you may still find a Roxie mermaid I made. I had never made one before and didn't know if it would work.

1. Also, maybe vending just isn't your thing. I have a number of freebies I've made for Dusk and Dawn over the past few years on my computer. A weightbench, skateboard, Snowmobile, Barn, house, Supermarket, a rifle, knife, etc. Just can't pull the trigger on vending. First of all, my texturing sucks. Also, I don't like to inferfere with what someone is making so I'll stop what I'm working on and move on to something else.

• @thoennes I'm glad it worked well, and you're very welcome!

Give the pups some pets from me.

• Also, on freebies: when push comes to shove, the more content a figure has, the more used it is. And all of us LF vendors profit from more people using her.

Freebies help advertise figures (and it's even recommended for vendors to publish a few freebies every now and then to advertise their own store!). Freebies help people play more with a figure, fall in love with it, and start buying stuff for it.

Even if they're similar, you said so yourself - the paid one is better quality. I don't think it would detract from sales. It would be advisable to not give out for free what has value enough to be a full-fledged product, but even so, if it would be a small cheap product you can get away with making it a freebie.

And idea would be to make freebies that are like one piece of clothing at a time as opposed to a matching set of clothing, or that has one texture as opposed to many color options.

• @deecey Just be sure to keep that battery charged from now on. ~wnk~

• @miss-b

I can go for weeks, even months at 12-14 hours a day. And then CRASH! Without warning.

• Thank you for the information.

• @deecey Sorry to hear you've been running low on energy, Deecey. Here's a friendly reminder.

• @eclark1849 Brings me waaaaay back to my childhood...

• @eclark1849 Nice! Thanks, Earl!

• Poser Ambassadors

Here is a character I am creating for La Femme. Tonya Cobb.

0_1558049464149_TonyaCobb Test.png

• @boni Looking great!

• Ok I'm in love with LF's face chips.

0_1558052055612_5ab3d74d-e47c-4894-815c-d3ffb7c0981e-image.png

• @boni Looks fantastic!

• Well, this is the leotard and gymnastic slippers I made. My first attempt at anything that isn't architectural or simple dynamic. This is on a dialed-up "little gymnast" character. Aside from the JCMs, there's a "loosen chest" so it doesn't seem glued to the skin.

0_1558077120264_Render 2.png

Two things come up:

• The leotard started as La Femme mesh. I think this is a permitted use. The slippers also started as La Femme mesh with the toes replaced. Same thing, I think OK.

• To make things easy for me to use, I made the slippers UV map such that it can use an existing commercial products textures. I would never upload those textures, of course. You would have to own that product to have those textures. The slippers are just something else you could use them on. I did not in any way use the product's OBJ or even UV template. I just seamed, unfolded, and messed with my own UV map until the textures fit. Is something like this OK?

• Should I upload them as freebies?