New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available

• Poser Ambassadors

After one hack too many, (also closed off facebook yesterday), there is NO way my credit card info is coming anywhere close to the Internet any more.
    Free is free and belongs in freestuff.
    Sorry guys, they got me once too many times.
    And JCM's? Sorry, but here comes a second sorry.
    Wishing her all the best.

• Poser Ambassadors

@ssgbryan said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

So buy a pair of shoes for her already.
    Shoes are always the biggest hold up for any figure not named Victoria 4.

I agree actually. I bought the shoes using credits from my own store they owed me - maybe I'll make shaders for the shoes and win back my cost. LOL

Have a meeting shortly but soon will have a play.

• @bagginsbill Actually I like those shoes, but just buying the shoes . . . well no. I'll need at least one piece of clothing, even if it's just the one-piece bathing suit.

• @miss-b If you have any of karanta's PE clothing, she has uploaded a La Femme fit for them in Rendo freebies. Then, you'll have clothes and shoes.

• Poser Ambassadors

Out of the box I find her eye shaders are too bright compared to the skin. I wonder if the testers/developers were using overly dark lighting.

• Poser Ambassadors

@miss-b

@glitterati3d said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@miss-b If you have any of karanta's PE clothing, she has uploaded a La Femme fit for them in Rendo freebies. Then, you'll have clothes and shoes.

And I will make more free fits for my other PE clothes when I have a bit free time.

• Honest, I'm not trying to start any problems, but one of the things I've always considered a problem for Poser figures was their availability beyond the walls of Poser. Obviously, before Studio this wasn't even a consideration, but, well, it kind of seems to be one now with people using other programs like Studio, Iclone, Maya and even Blender. Is there a way to get this figure into those programs and to function? Maybe something like a reverse DSON? I mean, it's one thing to convince someone to give a new figure a try, but if you have to buy the app to do it... well, I think DAZ learned that lesson already.

• There is no way that I'm aware. Poser weight mapping and DS weight mapping aren't compatible. At least that's how I understand it. So at the very least you probably can't get it into DS but I will try later on. The other programs I don't know.

Laurie

• @lauriea Well, can't you at least get the figure object into Studio? Unless, it's sliced and diced like Poser likes to do it's objects.

• @glitterati3d said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@miss-b If you have any of karanta's PE clothing, she has uploaded a La Femme fit for them in Rendo freebies. Then, you'll have clothes and shoes.

Oh, good to know. I see she's created an outfit for her, but didn't realize she's already created fits for her for the products she already has in the store. Thanks.

• @karanta said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@miss-b

@glitterati3d said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

And I will make more free fits for my other PE clothes when I have a bit free time.

Yes, I just saw a few, and grabbed the ones for the outfits I already have.

I was disappointed when I realized Renderosity has that $3.50 minimum purchase requirement, but I checked my Wishlist a little while ago, and I had one inexpensive item I was going to wait to get, and decided to grab it, and La Femme, while I was at it. We don't have any idea how long she's going to be free, as there's no "end" date like you usually see on items on sale.

• Poser Ambassadors

@vilters Tony,she has just a few.Otherwise she is a nice ,decent figure.

• Poser Ambassadors

@miss-b The other hand is, is not much different from DAZ store when they put out a new Genesis character.
    Buy 2-3 new releases for the character and get the character for free.
    Here you even don't need to buy 2-3 items. And have after the basic for free.

• Poser Ambassadors

@flaviok Thank you,we are fine. I am not that often at Renderosity anymore too. From time to time. Mostly in the forums.
    If you need help Flaviok, this is the place where you got any help you need for Poser .

• I just noticed something while tinkering with her (and then looking at some other SM figures with control chips).

There is no way to quickly mirror a selected control bone , e.g. Left Upper Cheek, Left Breast, etc. There is no symmetry function for those extra control bones, just body actors. You can symmetry left to right, but that affects the whole figure, not just a selected control.

You can copy/paste parameters, but then have to manually adjust due to one side using positive values and the other using negative values for some parameters.
    Please note this is not a complaint against the figure just and observation I hadn't really paid attention to before.

If it's possible, hopefully someone out there can come up with a script that can mirror selected bones in the figure.

• Poser Ambassadors

@rlowens68 Yes there is. In Poser 11 look at the very bottom of the Pose Symmetry menu. You'll see an option that says Custom. Click on that and it will bring up a list of every bone in the figure. Select left to right or right to left, or swap, at the top of the menu.

• I'll bring this up again because, well, I'd like an answer. If there's no other way to get this figure into Studio or at least iclone, should SM go the Dawn route and rig a separate Studio or iclone version? I can understand why that might not be feasible, but something to consider...
    a. Vendors are already leaving Poser because they say they can't make enough sales.
    b. Having 2 or 3 versions of rigs may be more work, but at least allows vendors to expand their market choices.
    c. Maybe Poser could create it's own Content Creation Kit So as to make rigging in Studio, Poser , and Iclone and even Blender quick and easy.

• Poser Ambassadors

@eclark1849 I could be wrong but I don't believe LaFemme is an SM figure. It appears she's a 3rd party group effort.

At any rate, she can be exported from Poser via fbx, which is all that iclone reads anyway. FBX is a universal standard rigging format, used mostly for game engines (which is essentially all iclone is). Some of the rigging will be lost in the process - like the facial control props, etc. But any poser figure can be exported to fbx and loaded into any other software that reads fbx format - which most do these days.

• Poser Ambassadors

@ambientshade Agree. I used to import in my modeler just the (posed ) obj file from the figure and re-texture for my render. Works all so fine.
    I have to say, all I read here is a lot of negativity about this new figure. She is now just a few hours out and already get trashed .
    That is the main reason why vendors turn their back on the Poser market. Never ending bitching, claiming and negative responses to anything new what hits the market.

• @ladonna said in New La Femme Base Figure for Poser 11 Now Available:

@ambientshade Agree. I used to import in my modeler just the (posed ) obj file from the figure and re-texture for my render. Works all so fine.
    I have to say, all I read here is a lot of negativity about this new figure. She is now just a few hours out and already get trashed .
    That is the main reason why vendors turn their back on the Poser market. Never ending bitching, claiming and negative responses to anything new what hits the market.

I hope you weren't saying I was trashing the figure. I don't have her yet, but do intend to get her. I was just discussing the possibility of exporting a rigged figure from one program to another to increase vendor sales.