Anyone Tried This In Poser Dynamics?

• Now this is interesting, has anyone tried to achieve the same result with Poser Dynamic Cloth, just that I have never seen anything like it, although I do admit I don't look through all the Poser products available everyday.

alt text
    dforce-magnet

• Lots of times probably have to hide my examples beneath NSFW tags

***=NSFW content***

click to show

***=NSFW content***

click to show

alt text

***=NSFW content***

click to show

• I'm not how well it would work, but you use the choreographed group. have a few vertices in the spot you want it held and make sure those vertices are in that spot at the end frame of the simulation. Then drape. I will have to try this out.

• @redphantom said in Anyone Tried This In Poser Dynamics?:

I'm not how well it would work, but you use the choreographed group. have a few vertices in the spot you want it held and make sure those vertices are in that spot at the end frame of the simulation. Then drape. I will have to try this out.

Yes that's the basic technique, you can also use proxies for the hand etc but that is more push than lift, for the wedding dress in my last post I exported V4's hand and forearm from the final frame, then re-imported keyframed last frame then moved it below the dress in frame 1 and made any adjustments in intervening frames and simed.

• Yeah, I was thinking more of the lift than the push. I've done plenty of pushing.

• @redphantom alt text it really is simple. That example of lifting the skirt was done with choreographed verts, sometimes I will do it by creating a morph in blender moving the verts which allows for movement both sides

Finally found the one I was looking for alt text

• @amethystpendant

Good Explanations - thank you!

• @redphantom said in Anyone Tried This In Poser Dynamics?:

I'm not how well it would work, but you use the choreographed group. have a few vertices in the spot you want it held and make sure those vertices are in that spot at the end frame of the simulation. Then drape. I will have to try this out.

There's an easier method than that. Parent a rod to the mesh where you want it gripped by the hand, and constrain the rod to the hand. Pose the hand in it's final position and run the sim. The cloth should follow the hand as if the hand were actually holding it. You can use any prop you like, but the rod will fit the palm of your hand and match your pose for the constraint. Even if there is some poke through, you'll be making the rod invisible for the purpose of rendering anyway.

• I tried it with the new La Femme figure:

0_1548864318091_LF1_20190131.jpg