La Femme: Commercial and Free Products that Support Her

• @miss-b I think the rounded shoulders on the top/outside of the shoulders seems to be something i see with every single poser weight mapped figure, not just La Femme. maybe it is something unavoidable, but you would think there would be some sort of morph fix dial for shoulders down.

• @miss-b I take 5% off her collar x dim.

• @thoennes La Femme is rigged to work with scaling parts very well. I find a lot of morphs obviated by just messing with part scales.

• I have not seen one render of her with arms down that does not have the rounded shoulders. Other weight mapped figures are the same, which makes me think it is something to do with weightmapping of a figure.

• @thoennes said in La Femme: Commercial and Free Products that Support Her:

@miss-b I take 5% off her collar x dim.

I'll have to check that out.

The one thing I found that saved V4's shoulders was a goodie by Corvas called Simple Details at Renderosity. He has it for M4 as well. IIRC, he used to have it for V3 and M3, but he doesn't have those in his store any more, and not really surprising considering how old those characters are. He also has a V4 expansion, which I have as well, though I don't recall how that's different from the original V4 set, unless it was more updated.

• @miss-b yes, i too bought lots of body fixes for V4 but haven't used them.

• @estherau I use the Simple Details fix every time I load up V4. It's the only thing that works to fix the shoulders.

• well i am probably going to use sasha from now on but she may also need something like that. not sure yet - maybe that will work on her too as she is a V4 at heart. The Sasha SR1 is being released "soon".

• Problem I always had with using heaps of morph fixes was too much of the clothing I used didn't have those morphs and Poser's copy morphs used to blow big beefy chunks. It was then that I kind of drifted off for a while. Too much work to just "have fun rendering images". For that kind of effort, I sort of expected to be paid :D

• @thoennes yes, if the clothes don't fit it isn't worth the effort. Quite often i find the liquify brush in photoshop fixes a lot of arm problems quite well, and im' getting better at post work.

• 0_1560466641803_Render 2.png
    I just uploaded a leotard and slippers at rendo in the freebies. Guess it takes 24 hours to get there. Hopefully.

I made these primarily for dance (ballet) which is the type of images I'm working on now. But they work for gymnastics as well. This is version 5 of the mesh. OMG, what a learning experience in meshing. Done from scratch (more than once) as I learned implications of mesh density, JCMs, the friggin' "thickness" rollover on the edges (and what that meant for morphs), etc. Actually does pretty well even at subd=1 although it's meant for 2.

The character is dial spun, using scales for a lot of the body. The leotard and slippers were just dropped on the posed figure. No poke through, no correction morphs needed. Learned a nifty trick to copy JCMs from one side to the other since both items are exactly symmetric. Hit a lot of instability in Poser doing this. Learned to save obsessively. Also, learned trick to force a "savable change" when doing things via Python since some of that is not picked up as "change" for save purposes.

Hopefully, I didn't screw anything up O.O

• @thoennes Oh right, I made the balance beam as well. I suppose I could release that as well. Derp! :p

0_1560466641803_Render 2.png
    I just uploaded a leotard and slippers at rendo in the freebies. Guess it takes 24 hours to get there. Hopefully.

It kind of depends on when you released it. I released almost 4 to 6 pages of freebies back when I first started modeling. It never took 24 hours to appear. Maybe 8 to 16.

• @eclark1849 Took less than an hour. Very quick. I wonder what time zone the content checkers are in? And do they sleep?

• @thoennes I would think their testers are all over in all time zones. Otherwise nothing would ever get done in a timely manner.

• Arggggghhhhhh! And Panic. Had to pull it down. Something weird I've never experienced. Everything is fine. I save a figure wearing that version of the Leotard and when I open it back, the leotard's vertices are all the place. I can't even begin to figure this out. I've never seen anything like it. And this didn't happen during the bazillion times I saved while I was developing it. In saving it, I moved it to its own runtime, moved the obj to geometries... Hmm...
    nuts.

• @thoennes OK. I think I figured out what was happening. Somewhere in one of my runtimes there is an OBJ with the exact same name. Probably left over from developing. Poser is picking up THAT obj, despite the CR2 containing the correct path. I changed the name of the final OBJ and now it seems to work. Probably not something others would necessarily see since they don't have dozens of previous versions.

Is this a known Poser bug??? Poser searches across runtimes. Sometimes, I end up with stuff from runtime for version 7 rather than a newer one (stuff installed under 2 runtimes, yet CR2 picks up OBJ from other runtime)

Is this a known Poser bug??? Poser searches across runtimes. Sometimes, I end up with stuff from runtime for version 7 rather than a newer one (stuff installed under 2 runtimes, yet CR2 picks up OBJ from other runtime)

Thats a old known bug. Posers pseudo cache does ignore path information and picks the first match regardless of runtime and path. Its the same with cached images.

• Is your path an absolute path (starting with drive name) or a path relative to Runtime?
    Note also that relative path names are case sensitive.

• @nagra_00_ Whew, thanks for that info :) (he says as he grasps back some of his precious little remaining sanity). Some reason they can't fix the caching mechanism? I mean, it's been at least forever. Maybe forever and a day. Amiright????

I didn't see the problem during development since I was versioning (in the names) the files. Except the first version (I wasn't that thoughtful, at first.) But once I finished it, I named it without the version and it clashed with that first OBJ. <shakes fist then waggles finger at poser developers> Shame, guys. Good caching is a solved thing. Since I was a kid. And that's way back, when Trix™ were for us.