ParamaticMadeEZ

• Hi all,

When I was first looking at @bagginsbill's uber hair shader and making a method of applying it, I originally came up with a standalone python app ala EZCloth, then after discussing it with @Snarlygribbly I decided to drop that and make a plugin for EZSkin3 which i did and I hope some people have used it.

Anyways, when I was deciding which way to go @bagginsbill suggested I just write a script that takes the mat and adjusts the PM: / PMC: nodes, sort of like easy paramatic which he used to write the script in the first place.

Also several people have complained over the years about changing, say the glossy values on a figure and having to go into all the material zones to make the changes, as have I several times!

So whilst I was working on a plugin for my own hair shader I thought wouldn't it be great to be able to change the anisotropic value on all the materials. So I wrote a VERY simple script which I have bigged up by using both Paramatic and EZ in it's name.

What does it do?

Well if you are in the mat room and make a change and there are any nodes that starts PM: PMC: or EZ if you run the script it will look in all the materials in the figure / prop and if any of those has a node with the same name and the same type, it will copy the values from the current material to those matching ones.

I've uploaded it to my stash at DA along with a v simple readme. Script

Hope someone finds it useful

Amanda

• @amethystpendant so, it's like a Parmatic based CopyToAll script that doesn't need to create the shaderNodeParms and doesn't add duplicate nodes like the utterly broken CopyToAll currently does? Sounds good! :-)

• @anomalaus said in ParamaticMadeEZ:

@amethystpendant so, it's like a Parmatic based CopyToAll script that doesn't need to create the shaderNodeParms and doesn't add duplicate nodes like the utterly broken CopyToAll currently does? Sounds good! :-)

Yes, it copies the values from the node in one material to nodes in other materials with the same name, rather than copying the nodes. Obviously it takes some setting up getting the names right but it is no more onerous than changing the values once, and then from there forward the script can handle the syncing.