mainWacros Error 3

• I just installed Octane Plugin for Poser and I get this error,
    An errror occurred importing addon OctaneRender for Poser :
    ERROR: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 11\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\4-64 Sub'

The plugin is in the right folder but for some reason Poser can't find it and shows is having two /. Please help

• Poser Ambassadors

@angel1530 said in mainWacros Error 3:

I just installed Octane Plugin for Poser and I get this error,
    An errror occurred importing addon OctaneRender for Poser :
    ERROR: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 11\Runtime\Python\addons\OctaneRender for Poser\4-64 Sub'

The plugin is in the right folder but for some reason Poser can't find it and shows is having two /. Please help

I am not sure what goes wrong in your installation.
    The Installer is pretty straight forward and just asks the current path to your poser installation. By default it points to your latest Poser install location.
    The location you gave has a u in front of it - could it be that that is the cause?

Please give some more information like what version of Poser you have, which octane version you try to install, is it the full or demo version, what OS are you running, when does the error appear.
    The plugin does not use wacros, so I am puzzled about a wacro error. Do you have any other plugins installed (DSON, Reality, etc)?

Also look at my user guide to see if that gives any clue.
    https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=68150

• @wimvdb the u'<string>' prefix simply indicates that a python string contains unicode characters. The "u" is before the first single quote.

• @wimvdb I have the latest version of Poser installed and the latest version of Octane installed. i'm running Windows 10 and the error appears from the start. I had Reality but I uninstalled it. I also have DSON installed.

• @wimvdb I think I might have found the problem. I've installed Poser into the Program File (x86), Poser is trying to find it in Program File. I'm moving Poser from Program File (x86) to Program File and see if that works.

• @wimvdb OK, that worked. For some reason the program was trying to find it in the location that it should be in but not where I had it installed.

• Poser Ambassadors

@angel1530 said in mainWacros Error 3:

@wimvdb OK, that worked. For some reason the program was trying to find it in the location that it should be in but not where I had it installed.

Poser 11, both pro and standard, are 64 bits, so are installed in Program Files and not the (x86) version.
    Maybe an error in the installer where P10 was still 32 bit and was installed in Program Fiiles (x86).