Superfly Question

• I have bought Poser 11 and my question is what is the difference between Firefly and SuperFly? I tried both on an image and when I used Firefly everything looked ok but then I tried Superfly and all the faces turned grey what have I done wrong...Thank you for anyhelp I have others asking about Poser 11 and SuperFly as they are thinking about upgrading so would like to know so I can pass on the information thank you for any help on the grey face problem.
    P.S I did add lights to the scene.

• Poser Ambassadors

There are several tutorials and webinars that cover the differences. Some settings made for firefly may not work with Superfly, a way to overcome this while learning more is Snarlygribbly's EZskin 3, which will correct the differences for you. It is available at CGbytes. Welcome to Poser 11, there are several new features to learn, and they will help you make some amazing images.

• @Boni said in Superfly Question:

There are several tutorials and webinars that cover the differences. Some settings made for firefly may not work with Superfly, a way to overcome this while learning more is Snarlygribbly's EZskin 3, which will correct the differences for you. It is available at CGbytes. Welcome to Poser 11, there are several new features to learn, and they will help you make some amazing images.

Thank you very much Boni I will need those Tutorials for sure lol I appreciate your reply :)

• Poser Ambassadors

Firefly is a Reyes renderer; Superfly is a variant of Cycles, a physics based render.

A lot of the old Firefly cheats to get specular highlights, ambient occlusion, etc., are redundant in Superfly because it does those things inherently, and so the old Firefly cheats just mess the render up.

• @seachnasaigh said in Superfly Question:

Firefly is a Reyes renderer; Superfly is a variant of Cycles, a physics based render.

A lot of the old Firefly cheats to get specular highlights, ambient occlusion, etc., are redundant in Superfly because it does those things inherently, and so the old Firefly cheats just mess the render up.

I got you thank you very much for the information my friend :)

• I'm trying to get it to work on HiveWire3D Harry's mane, tail and fets when I add my sparkle settings.
    I think I have it figured out but would be nice to have a plugin for EZSkin3 to do that and add sparkle effect on Harry too. :)

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.