Morph injections? Uhm .. I'm getting old.

• @ambientshade said in Morph injections? Uhm .. I'm getting old.:

If you have P11 Pro then you can just export the morph injection from the file menu.

File > Export > Morph Injection, select the morph(s) you want to include and save it to your pose library.
    You'll still have to make your own remove file tho.
    Control chips/handles are really only meant to be used for posing, not morphing.

According to what Nerd said in the webinar, they could do stuff that the other morphs could not. And he touted them AS "character Creation-assets"

So that's why I used them.

But .. if they do not save in a way where they can be extracted ... Hmm.

I tried exporting the head as a morph target. Got the lovely "Wrong number of vertices" :P Sooo...

@adp - I'll try injectPMDFileMorphs :)

• Hm. I give up. Nothing works. Poser's own Export Morph Injection does nothing whatsoever.

The file looks right. There's definitely something in the PMD file. It just ... doesn't work. There's no new morph dial anywhere and the figure doesn't change one iota.

Too bad. Until I can resolve this, there's no idea in making characters for her :(

• @trekkiegrrrl said in Morph injections? Uhm .. I'm getting old.:

@ambientshade said in Morph injections? Uhm .. I'm getting old.:

If you have P11 Pro then you can just export the morph injection from the file menu.

File > Export > Morph Injection, select the morph(s) you want to include and save it to your pose library.
    You'll still have to make your own remove file tho.
    Control chips/handles are really only meant to be used for posing, not morphing.

According to what Nerd said in the webinar, they could do stuff that the other morphs could not. And he touted them AS "character Creation-assets"

So that's why I used them.

But .. if they do not save in a way where they can be extracted ... Hmm.

I tried exporting the head as a morph target. Got the lovely "Wrong number of vertices" :P Sooo...

@adp - I'll try injectPMDFileMorphs :)

You have to make sure SubD is at 1 to export the morph target, without ZBrush you can't really do HiRes morphs, which is stupid!

• @trekkiegrrrl
    Yes I found that also. If you try to export geometry of the head you get a zero- length .obj.
    Exporting the full figure gives you a shaped .obj all right, but that .obj does not have the head facets as a group. You just get a body group and groups with the endless list of control chips.
    Similar but different holds for Pauline.

• OK. Brainwave - workaround
    Switch LF to traditional Poser skinning before export. Poser will then export the head geom with the chips induced deformations.
    You can then load this .obj as a morph target both in traditonal skinning and in Poser Unimesh.

• @f_verbaas said in Morph injections? Uhm .. I'm getting old.:

OK. Brainwave - workaround
    Switch LF to traditional Poser skinning before export. Poser will then export the head geom with the chips induced deformations.
    You can then load this .obj as a morph target both in traditonal skinning and in Poser Unimesh.

You still only get one level of SubD though, so if you've carefully crafted your morph in say SubD2 you lose the detail :(

• Are you baking the morphs down ? You have to bake the morph to lower subdivision then save the pmd out at subd 0 ( had to be 0, anything above wouldn't work ) or at least that's what I had to do for the thing to work with the morph I made with the morph brush.

• @rlowens68 said in Morph injections? Uhm .. I'm getting old.:

Are you baking the morphs down ? You have to bake the morph to lower subdivision then save the pmd out at subd 0 ( had to be 0, anything above wouldn't work ) or at least that's what I had to do for the thing to work with the morph I made with the morph brush.

Yes, when I said SubD 1 above I meant Zero, i.e. no subdivision

• Poser Ambassadors

I made injections with subd 1 that works. First Spawn Morph Target. Then do the injection export.

• @trekkiegrrrl

OK. Here is my way ->
    Set Poser Preferences to use external PMDs
    Select your figure in the scene with which you have the morphed look
    drop-down menu - Export
    Option select - Morph Injection
    When pop-up window apears, select only those items your cusom look was created with.
    Click OK
    Save in location of choice (I prefer a sub-folder in runtime Pose directory)
    Done.

• @ibr_remote said in Morph injections? Uhm .. I'm getting old.:

@trekkiegrrrl

OK. Here is my way ->
    Set Poser Preferences to use external PMDs
    Select your figure in the scene with which you have the morphed look
    drop-down menu - Export
    Option select - Morph Injection
    When pop-up window apears, select only those items your cusom look was created with.
    Click OK
    Save in location of choice (I prefer a sub-folder in runtime Pose directory)
    Done.

Even easier is to Spawn Full BodyMorph first, then you only have to export that one morph, not each individual one you might have changed

• @rlowens68 Yes! The bake down to level 0 subd creates the number of deltas which match the original mesh for that body part (whether unimesh or not). This number is what Poser checks against when loading morphs. A mismatch will prevent the morph being applied to that body part by a pose file or morph injection.

targetGeom ANewMorph
    			{
    			indexes 24776 # These were misnamed in the beginning of the file format - this is number of deltas in morph
    			numbDeltas 24776 # This is the number of vertex indices in the body part actor. It could be 0 if not baked down.
    			deltas 
    				{ 
    				} 
    			targetExtendedInfo
    				{
    				subdivDeltas 1
    					{
    					level 1
    						{
    						indexes 92424
    						numbDeltas 92424
    						}
    					}
    				}
    			blendType 0
    			}

The above also remains unseen, except for the numbDeltas line, if PMD injection is used.

• Thanks for all your input. I will try them out, one by one. SOMETHING will work :D I'm sure :)