V4 Skeleton for Poser?

• Hello,

I'm looking for a realistic model of skeleton with muscles.

I found this:
    https://www.daz3d.com/v4-skeleton

But im not sure what does it mean "transluscent Victoria 4 and Victoria 4.2 muscle maps".

What do I need to do to have that skeleton with muscles etc in the Poser please?

I'm new in Poser.

Thanks

Karel

• These are additional products that you would need to buy to reproduce the renders shown. You would also need the base Victoria 4 figure to use the translucent textures I believe. The v4 skeleton is just that, the skeleton.
    Have you tried looking in your poser content under additional figures, there are skeletons there, you can also look at materials for Alyson which has textures for use with her skeleton.

• @j-naylor73

Thanks. Buying a content is not an issue as long as the result will be realistic.
    Using models from Poser would be easier for me for sure, as I have just very basic knowledge of Poser. But I don't know what to use :(

• Just go through the poser library of included content, try loading it, playing with it, just get familiar with the program. You will need to do this with any content you buy so why not give it a try with the included content first. It's the best way to learn in my opinion.

• @j-naylor73
    Poser presents less than 1/4 of my worklfow, my current intentions are not to dig into Poser in real detail, that why I'm looking for an advice to speed up this particular task now.

• Hello Karel,

if you're after realism then you definitely should use one of the included skeletons (Alyson/Ryan)!

They are MUCH more detailed and life-like than the DAZ V4 skeleton which is rather low-poly and crudely modeled. Don't get mislead by the DAZ promo images and the advertising blurb! If DAZ does somethng right then it's their promo images which often don't say anything about the product quality.

I guarantee that you will be much better off with the Poser skeletons (and as a bonus, they don't cost US$30,-)

Karina

• @karina said in V4 Skeleton for Poser?:

Hello Karel,

if you're after realism then you definitely should use one of the included skeletons (Alyson/Ryan)!

They are MUCH more detailed and life-like than the DAZ V4 skeleton which is rather low-poly and crudely modeled. Don't get mislead by the DAZ promo images and the advertising blurb! If DAZ does somethng right then it's their promo images which often don't say anything about the product quality.

I guarantee that you will be much better off with the Poser skeletons (and as a bonus, they don't cost US$30,-)

Karina

I am going to have to disagree on this. More realistic? Really? Just look at the skull. Doesn't look particularly realistic to me. Yes they are higher poly, but that doesn't mean higher quality. Their only advantage is that they come with the program.

Here's a comparison of the skulls, the Poser skeleton is on the right (the grey one).

0_1552235418312_skull_comparison.jpg

Here's a comparison shot of the full skeletons. Again, the Poser one doesn't look very correct to me around the pelvic area and lower spine compared to images of skeletons I looked at on the web for reference.

0_1552235871532_skeleton_comparison_lrg.jpg

But as noted, Poser does have anatomy figures already included with the program if total realism isn't a complete pre-requisite and just a starting point is required.

• I don't know from where you loaded the "Poser Skeleton" on the right, bur this is definitely NOT the one I was referencing!
    So either you are paying my head, or you have a Poser version which isn't standard.

Please look again for the skeletons that were suggested to you not only by me, but by other users too.

Otherwise, just buy the DAZ skeleton and get happy with it!

K

• Poser comes with multiple skeletons. The one raven posted is Femaleskeleton. There is also alyson_skeleton. I have a few others listed but they look very similar to these 2. Of course, there are also male versions

0_1552265096187_skel.jpg

• @karina I'm happy to eat crow and apologise! I honestly did not did not realise until these last couple of posts that there were newer skeletons in the Additional Figures folder, only the ones in the Anatomy folder. I thought the Additional Figures folder contained the mannequins, stick figures, heads and hands folders. I think it's probably because I just look at the pictures on the folders (and not seeing a skeleton) rather than reading the labels under them.

0_1552268530108_folder_icons.jpg

The one I used came from the Anatomy folder, thinking that skeletons would be anatomy 😕 That'll teach me.

0_1552267796866_bones.jpg

So once again, my apologies, those newer ones are definitely realistic and usable!

• Thank you very much all of you for the discussion. Poser has great community!

Karel