Question about Sasha (the WM V4 figure) and the facial expression morphs

• Hello @estherau,

thank you very much for your detailed error report!

Yes it is indeed a flaw in SASHA, and you reported it just in time before the release of SR1!

For some obscure reasons all these expressions don't control the lower jaw (and now I wonder what else might have been lost)

I can't determine exactly what & why because the base SASHA .cr2 was initially created some five years ago (sic!).

So the error must have been present all the time, just nobody noticed (me included because I didn't have this morph set, nor did I know about it)

Now I do, thanks to a friendly person who gifted it to me - I owe you a drink mate! ;)

I created a basic V4 from scratch and all worked fine, including the dependencies.
    I just have to port these hitherto missing dependencies into SR1, and all will be well.

Karina
    P.S.:

The "MouthSmileopen" morph is part of the basic set of expressions that come with the "INJ Base V4" morphs.

But somehow there seems to be something wonky with the dependencies there too - actually they appear to be doubled.
    Probably a "deltaAddDelta" value problem.
    And I always wondered why some expressions looked weird!

I'll fix that too!

Thank you again for bringing this to my attention!
    You saved me A LOT of work (hugs!)

K

• Can I just jump in here and ask how you create these expression morph dials. At the moment I have a full body morph without a smile and one with. How do you create a dial that toggles between the two ?.

• @karina Well it is thanks to Wim. I asked him and he confirmed that the the mouth wasn't working properly and then he told me to let you know so I did.
    Love esther (I always do what Wim tells me to do).

• Progress report:

1. All "Facial Expressions For V4" morphs are working now.

As I already assumed, they were never properly implemented in SASHA because at the time when I spawned my initial base V4 I didn't have these morphs yet, so of course they were not injected during the setup.

Poser from V10 onwards can inject morphs "on the fly" without the need foritalicised text predefined channels.
    That's why the morphs were working, but the dependencies (like for lower jaw) were not because they never were in the figure!

2. The "MouthSmileOpen" morph:

As I suspected it was a problem of doubled ERC.
    Look at the two dials just above the MouthSmileOpen":
    Those are unilateral versions of the "MouthSmileSimple" morph as you can see by the *asterisk.

Stupidly I someday probably decided to slave both unilateral morphs to the master "MouthSmileSimple".

This was the reason for the duplication, because now both the master and the two unilateral slaves added up, resulting in the odd appearance.

It's fixed now too!

Again, thank you a lot for bringing this to my attention!
    Fixinig all this would have required a separate SR3 even!

Karina

• @qazart said in Question about Sasha (the WM V4 figure) and the facial expression morphs:

Can I just jump in here and ask how you create these expression morph dials. At the moment I have a full body morph without a smile and one with. How do you create a dial that toggles between the two ?.

That depends:

Most of the time I add my dials and masters manually by editing the .cr2 because it's easier than using the Poser "Dependencies" editor.
    It also gives me more flexibility to make them work exactly the way I want them to.

However, I would need much more detailed information about

• what body morphs, and why a body morph?
      Head shapes should be in the head, not the body!
    • which dials are involved?

I understand it that yo want to switch head #1 OFF while at the same time switching head morph #2 ON?

This can be done, but then I'd suggest you create a new thread about this topic because it might be of interest for others too, and it's much easier to find the thread than some random posts strewn in here.

Karina

• @karina said in Question about Sasha (the WM V4 figure) and the facial expression morphs:

Head shapes should be in the head, not the body!

While I agree, we learned during development of La Femme that there is a bug in Poser. In order for animated joint centers to be saved correctly in the injection pose, the master dial MUST be located in the body.

• Thank you for the information @Deecey!

I didn't know that yet, probably because I'm still on PP2014.

But that should definitely NOT become the norm just because it's "a bug..." in some Poser version.
    No one will look in the BODY actor to (e.g.) close an eye!

It's absolutely illogical!
    Or would you look for a "FootBend" dial in the BODY (because SASHA uses animated joint centres for that already)?
    No, in SASHA the dial is in the feet, where you expect them to be.

!
    Better kick the Poser developers in the butt to fix this and release a SR !ASAP!, and on the double!
    !
    Don't allow this to become the norm, because it will become a major PITA which will haunt us for many years to come!
    (remember all the "texture injection" poses as a .pz2 instead of .mtx files!)

Karina

• @karina

There are CR2/PZ2 hacks that can be done to get around it (we did that for LF's head morphs) but I doubt the average user will want to go down that road.

Yes it does have to be fixed! Fingers crossed.

• @deecey said in Question about Sasha (the WM V4 figure) and the facial expression morphs:

@karina

Yes it does have to be fixed! Fingers crossed.

Where's the morph for crossing fingers? (hums softly and wanders off)

• I'll create a new thread for this then. Didn't think it was going to be so difficult to create a smile morph !

• @amethystpendant said in Question about Sasha (the WM V4 figure) and the facial expression morphs:
    [...]

Where's the morph for crossing fingers? (hums softly and wanders off)

Here:
    0_1552603476900_FingersCrossed.jpg

http://dl.free.fr/r4IdL7DNU

(Made for SASHA-16; will need some tweaking for other figures)
    ;o)

K

• @karina OK Sir, I haven't had to deal with French since I was a sophomore in High School maaaaany decades ago, so what do I click to download your crossed fingers .HD2 file???

Never mind, I figured it! Thanks. ~smile~