Props Loaded From Library Are Positioned In Reverse

• Hello, hoping someone can help me with this.

When I load a prop sometimes, not always though, it loads facing backwards from the camera. I have to Y Rotate it 180' to get the prop to front face the camera. I do not like this as I have to calculate animation starting from a number other than 0 for y rotation.

Any ideas on how to load props so that they front face the camera by default?

0_1552842918651_0.jpg

0_1552842930015_180.jpg

• @hueymac Hi, are you saying that the same prop sometimes loads in reverse?

• @amethystpendant Only certain Library props. I have only had Poser for awhile so I have only been working with the default props that came with Poser so far. But not sometimes. all the time they load in reverse.

Most I have tried working with will load front facing. However, the TV and the Phone prop that are in the default Library that come with Poser, I have found, always load facing in reverse. So , no. I am saying the same prop (and I have only found two so far that do it) always loads in reverse from the font facing camera.

• @hueymac Then that is the way they were created to face away I'm sure someone here will have a way of resaving them rotated 180, but there is no standard way of creating apps so that they always face towards the camera

• @amethystpendant Okay thanks for the heads up on that appreciate it!

• @hueymac If you think about it, a cell phone should be loaded up facing towards your figure, not the camera.

• Check your geometry folder or object file to see which way it loads.

• @ghostship said in Props Loaded From Library Are Positioned In Reverse:

@hueymac If you think about it, a cell phone should be loaded up facing towards your figure, not the camera.

Exactly. I just loaded Dawn and the Cellphone, and with a couple of quick bends of her shoulder, forearm, and hand, and she had the cellphone in her hand, well not firmly, but definitely in the right position for her to clutch it. All done without touching the position of the Cellphone at all.

I don't have a TV in my Miscellaneous Props folder, so that may have been added with one of the newer updates of PP11, though I can't think of why that would be facing backwards. Maybe its right or left side facing front, as though it were backed up against a side wall, but not backwards. That seems a little weird to me.

• Since you said you're working with the stuff that came with poser, I'm assuming you're working with the tv that came with the pad (called pad-plasmatv). It's positioned to hang on the wall nearest the main camera. Each prop of that set loads in a certain place in the room, so it is properly furnished to use.

I don't know a way to get it to load facing the right way, but you can create a new prop that would be in the zero position after you move it. Load your prop. Rotate it and move it to where you want it. Click on the grouping tool. (the grouping in your editing tools, not the one under props) If need be, create a new group, select everything (add>all) and click on create new prop. Name how you want it, i.e. "tv turned the right way." The new prop will have all its rotations, scales, and translations set at zero. You can then use that one for your animations and save it to your library if you'll be using it often.

• @Miss-B @ghostship I did think about it. And you are absolutely right that a cell phone should be loaded up facing towards your figure, not the camera. Makes sense.

@redphantom Yes that's correct I a working with the tv that comes with the pad. So yes I see that now it's loaded to be set on the wall by default.

Okay I definitely see why now some props are loaded the way they are by default. and that is defenlitly a good work around solution to zero the prop out. Thanks guys for all the info.

• @eclark1849 Will check it out thanks

• @redphantom said in Props Loaded From Library Are Positioned In Reverse:

Since you said you're working with the stuff that came with poser, I'm assuming you're working with the tv that came with the pad (called pad-plasmatv). It's positioned to hang on the wall nearest the main camera. Each prop of that set loads in a certain place in the room, so it is properly furnished to use.

Ahh, that explains why I didn't have a TV in my Props folder. I don't think I've ever played with The Pad, so never really looked at what furniture it includes.

• It also depends on whether a prop was saved before or after it was posed.