Morph in smart prop controlled by bend in figure?

• Hi!
    Is there a way to / how do I set a morph in a smart prop to be controlled by a bend in the figure it's smart propped to?

Being specific: I'm making shoes for La Femme:
    0_1554388973045_62e5c390-445e-4733-beb5-7a6e1692704d-image.png
    And I don't want to make it a comforming figure because that will complicate my creation process way too much when the only thing that doesn't fit is when her foot bends back:
    0_1554389031690_35addd49-d39b-46d4-b933-37fd425b82bf-image.png
    So I made a morph to fix that, but how do I set it up to be activated automatically when her foot bends back?

• @afrodite-ohki I could be wrong but I think it would have to be a rigged figure instead of a prop.

• That's what I was fearing. I guess I'll be studying that tutorial over at Rendo LMAO

• Yes it works!

Just make sure that LaFemme is the only figure in the scene.
    Parent the shoes to LF's feet and create your morphs and the dependencies.
    Then save each shoe as a smart prop.
    Like this you make sure that Poser doesn't confuse figure numbers when writing the dependencies.

Hint:

You can also save both shoes in a single prop file, so you mustn't load each shoe separately!

But Poser still can't save multiple props as smartpropped, so you must edit the prop file after saving:

Change both these lines:
    parent UNIVERSE
    to
    smartparent rFoot
    and
    smartparent lFoot

in both r/l shoes.

That should do it.

K

• B.t.w.:
    Nice shoes!
    Wanna have! :D

If you like, I can make you a V4 version of them - free of charge of course.
    Just tell me whether you want it as a "FIT V4" injection, or as a different set of props.

K

• Whenever I make shoes that are hard to bend by nature, I just take out the extra bones.

• Poser Ambassadors

You have to work with what you have but for "lafemme" some joint centers are not in the anatomical correct position.
    Here 2 sceengrabs from the bend joint between shin and foot. => The joint is too far back, and too far outwards.
    And few Joint centers are aligned properly.
    0_1554414131565_Lafemmefootside.png
    0_1554414110681_Lafemmefootback.png

• Poser Ambassadors

Just adding an exact front to back view (from toes to heel) to X-check
    0_1554414728482_Lafemmefootfront.png

• @karina
    Thing is, from what I know of the dependencies editor (little, I admit), it seems like I have to configure the master dial. I can't configure a dial to be controlled by a master, I have to configure a master to control the others.

Which would mean I'd have to configure LaFemme herself, and that wouldn't work - I need the users to load the prop and have it work automatically.

But it's all fine, I ended up making a conforming figure without the metatarsals and toes (dependant on the feet pose included), and it's working great! :D Was quick to make, too.

• @eclark1849 Was what I ended up doing, somehow my slow brains worked this time and came out with this solution xD
    In any case, thank you!

• @karina Somehow I failed to see this message before, sorry!

This is actually a port for the original V4 version I had of these shoes, so a V4 version already exists - I don't even know if there's still public for V4, if so then maybe I can check if Rendo is interested in having it back on the store.

The Dawn version is still up in HiveWire store! Not sure if it's ok to link that here in these forums.

• @afrodite-ohki Ohhhhh, I thought those shoes looked familiar. I have the Peep Toe Shoes.

• @afrodite-ohki said in Morph in smart prop controlled by bend in figure?:

... the only thing that doesn't fit is when her foot bends back:
    0_1554389031690_35addd49-d39b-46d4-b933-37fd425b82bf-image.png
    So I made a morph to fix that, but how do I set it up to be activated automatically when her foot bends back?

Question: why do you focus on the foot here? The shoe would follow the toe rather than the foot because that is where it is held.
    Shoes of the type shown are not really flexible. In the pose shown the shoe would rotate and hang down a bit.

• @afrodite-ohki

@afrodite-ohki said in Morph in smart prop controlled by bend in figure?:

@karina
    Thing is, from what I know of the dependencies editor (little, I admit), it seems like I have to configure the master dial. I can't configure a dial to be controlled by a master, I have to configure a master to control the others.

Which would mean I'd have to configure LaFemme herself, and that wouldn't work - I need the users to load the prop and have it work automatically.

But it's all fine, I ended up making a conforming figure without the metatarsals and toes (dependant on the feet pose included), and it's working great! :D Was quick to make, too.

I think you misunderstood the working of dependencies:

You do not "configure" a master dial. The dependency is written into the morph (which is in your shoe!).

The "master" dial in this case is the rotation in the figure, and there's nothing changed there at all.

The dependency is saved with the shoe.
    Now if you load the shoe and parent it to another figure, your morph sits there in the shoe and listens to "His Master's Voice":
    If the master is rotated, it springs into action.

Try it for yourself: it works!

K

• @fverbaas It's not flexible where the sole is - so much so that I rigged it without the metatarsals and toes.

But back at the ankle there it would be cloth (or leather, or flexible plastic) so it does bend.
    A shoe in that shape that fits well, in real life, would require you to tuck your finger into the back there to pull it out and remove it, otherwise it wouldn't be hanging down because it's not clogs, that top back part there with the bow would hold it in place.

• @karina oooh I'll remember that for the next time I need it. Thank you!