Zero Figure doesn't work on control dials - what am I missing?

• Poser Ambassadors

I've been setting up control dials in various areas like the head for eyes, expressions, grasp and spread in hands, etc., but when I want to zero all of them out I have to do it manually - meaning find each dial and set it to zero myself. The Zero Figure option in the figure menu only resets/zeros out joint rotations and morphs, unless those joint rotations are tied to a master control dial. So what am I missing in this step, because I can't find anything about it in the user manual. Should I be exporting the master control dials as morphs and then re-injecting them? Seems like an unnecessary step.

• @ambientshade you could try the Figure reset [Edit>Restore>Figure Ctrl-Shift-F, IIRC], which will apply the InitValue recorded for every parameter. Some things, like scales, will typically have an initValue of 1, rather than zero.

If I'm not completely mistaken (it happens occasionally) Edit>Memorize>Figure will save the current dial values for the figure to the initValues (beware, if you have something not zeroed, this will be remembered forever).

• Poser Ambassadors

@anomalaus Thanks, but that didn't do anything. Restore works, but zero figure should work, especially after memorize and save/reload.

• Poser Ambassadors

After digging through other figure cr2s and some trial and error I figured it out.
    Thanks for all the help guys!