A speech animation in Poser 11. Questions to the Poser 11 developers.

• Hello!

I have been creating full-length animated films for over 20 years. I started working with Poser 4 in 2000. In 2001, the program was updated to the version of Poser 4 Pro and today it is the most stable, fastest and highest quality animation program for visualization. I used Poser 4 Pro always.

But today I have a new big animation project and Poser 4 Pro refuses to work with new big models. He lacks memory.

I have to use Poser 11 for my new big projects. The program has changed significantly over the past two decades and I was hoping to get an excellent and convenient tool for working with animation.

The most difficult in animation is the creation of spoken language. Since Poser was created in the United States only for Americans, the program does not support the animation of Russian speech. Russian and American phonemes differ very significantly. Under these conditions, I created a library of Russian phonemes for the face. It simplified the work for me.

I import the voice file into Poser. Next, I select the character's face in the scene. I press the "->" arrow key on the keyboard and I listen to the first sound in the speakers. After that, I select the required file with the phoneme in the library and apply it to the character's face. The first frame with the phoneme is created. Next, I press the arrow button again and select a new phoneme from the library.
    This process is very fast. With my left hand I press a button with an arrow on the keyboard. I use my right hand to select a phoneme from the library using the mouse cursor.

New Poser 11 does not allow to do the same.

1. The phoneme icons in the poser 11 library are very small and I don’t see the names of the phonemes on the icons. Why was this done? This question to the developers of Poser 11.

2. I can not work with both hands with the keyboard and mouse. The developers of Poser 11 made a separate selection for the animation player panel and a separate selection for the library. "hot" arrow keys to change frames on the player do not work after pressing the cursor on the library with phonemes. In order for the arrow keys to re-activate, I have to select the panel with the player for animation with the mouse cursor. Fast work with two hands turned into slow manipulations with one hand with the mouse cursor. Why was this done? Question to the developers of Poser 11.

3. When I press the arrow keys on the keyboard, I can move one frame and I can hear individual sounds in the words from the speakers. This method works in Poser 4. In Poser 11, I cannot distinguish by ear certain sounds in words due to poor sound quality. The sound output module on the speakers has been clearly corrupted over the years. Why did you break the sound? Question to the developers of Poser 11.

I have a lot of questions to the developers, but first I want to get competent answers to these three questions.

• Poser Ambassadors

Library icon sizes are adjustable by you, using the display options at the bottom. Note also that if you have a second monitor, it is sensible to change the panels in the library window to a show the item list. In that form you can look at dozens, even 100+ items at a time. Have a look at Chapter 7 of the Poser reference manual, found in the Help menu.

The reason that arrow keys go to the library window are because arrow keys do useful things in the library window. The right and left move that way in the item list, which is 2D, and they expand/collapse tree nodes and jump to parent in the tree panel.

Poser 11 also has the ability to change what the keys do and it may be possible to define a way to get back keyboard control of the current frame through that ability. However, it is difficult to find commands in the keyboard shortcut editor and I didn't immediately see a command that means to step the current frame forward or backward. Alternatively, it may be possible to write a small Python script that would do that, overriding Poser's default keyboard functions. Part of the value proposition of the new UI is that end users can change practically everything.

I don't know anything about sounds as I've never used them - can't help you there.

• Thanks,
    In other words, Poser 11 is designed primarily for working with static images. This is that I can explain the change in functions with the arrow keys. For static scenes work with the library becomes paramount.

I have another question about working with the formation of settings sections, but now I begin to understand the answer to it.

For the animation, the main section of the figure settings is a transformation. However, this section is moved to the bottom of the hierarchy, below the morphs. Each time celecting a new element of the character for its transformation by key frames, the program opens a hierarchy of settings, starting with morphs. Every time I have to go down to the bottom of the hierarchy settings to the transformation settings. This takes extra time.

How to move the transformation block to the very top of the hierarchy of settings for a particular part of the body? ... or is it also required to write a script?

• Poser 10 or 11 added "New Custom Parameters Palette" which allows you to create a panel with any parameter settings you want in it.

I use that a lot when animating.

• @poser-user Poser is used a lot for static rendering, but it was made for you to either do stills or animation.

• @shvrdavid My models for the project contain a huge number of empty morphs that can be removed only one at a time. Previously, for this existed program Morph Manager. How to remove empty morphs with group selection?

• @eclark1849 I set up the animation completely in Poser 4.
    And only the render was taken in Poser 11.
    [

](Адрес ссылки)