Possible AI Denoiser

• @willdial Night And day.

• I have to agree, that's quite a large difference.

• Hi there

For guys who don't have or who do don't own Nvidia GPU you can use Intel denoiser and works in my view similar and is faster as well,here is link on Taoz Drag and drop version,using this and works beautifully

https://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/dnden/updates/DnD_for_nVidia_%26_Intel_Denoisers_1.000a_NET4.zip

and you will need this as well

https://github.com/DeclanRussell/IntelOIDenoiser/releases

With Nvidia denoiser not sure it takes longer to denoise,you can try both but I prefer Intel one,you can use it with any CPU like Intel or AMD,its not CPU dependent as Nvidia which does require Nvidia CUDA for this

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

• I can recommend the Intel OpenImageDenoiser. As @jura said you don’t need any special graphics card for it and it runs on Win, Mac and Linux. Its not perfect (like any other denoiser) and sometimes it does remove some small details but overall it is great. On volumetric light effects for example it usually does a fantastic job.
    To illustrate it here a before and after render
    0_1556985172587_aaa3.jpg

and after denoise

0_1556985205284_aaa3_de.jpg

• I can't figure this thing out. Can't see a manual or directions in any of the zip files. I did take a BASIC computer programming class 30 years ago but that ain't helping. where are the directions to use the stand alone "Intel" version of this thing?

• Sadly with any denoiser you can loose too much details like bump on skin or bump on some materials

In other applications which do use denoiser like is V-RAY or Corona there ypu have option how much you want to denoise like 0.5-1 etc

@ghostship

I would try above Drag and drop app which I posted link

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @ghostship Cant help you on Windows. On Mac i copied the binary into /usr/local/bin and the libs into /usr/local/lib. Easy isn’t it ;-) Than i wrote a small shell script that starts Imagemagick to convert the graphic file to PFM format invokes the denoiser and than Imagemagick again to convert it back to a common graphics format. And another shell script for batch processing of a folder of graphic files.

On Win the app @jura linked to seems to be the best choice.

• @jura11 said in Possible AI Denoiser:

Sadly with any denoiser you can loose too much details like bump on skin or bump on some materials

In other applications which do use denoiser like is V-RAY or Corona there ypu have option how much you want to denoise like 0.5-1 etc

The intel denoiser has at least the option to feed it with additional albedo and normal images to help it keeping details. But couldn’t test it as we don’t get such files out of a SuperFly render.

• Sorry to bring up this old topic. I decided to take another look at getting this working. I have downloaded and unzipped the files liked to by @jura11 and now when I launch the "updated" 1.001 application I get this window:
    0_1559684658944_denoiserthing.jpg
    what am I supposed to do with this and do I have to find the paths every time I use this thing?

• @ghostship said in Possible AI Denoiser:

Sorry to bring up this old topic. I decided to take another look at getting this working. I have downloaded and unzipped the files liked to by @jura11 and now when I launch the "updated" 1.001 application I get this window:
    0_1559684658944_denoiserthing.jpg
    what am I supposed to do with this and do I have to find the paths every time I use this thing?

No you shouldn't need to find the paths every time when you wants to use it, once you set it up then this should be saved etc in settings.ini on desktop or elsewhere depending on yours structure or folders etc

I'm not at PC but will try post screenshots later on

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

• @jura11 Cool, thanks. I'll wait for your screen caps.

• @ghostship

Here is screenshot of how I have this set it up

![alt text](0_1559691291859_Screengrab.jpg image url)

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura