Next Poser Service Release?

• Hello...

When is the next Poser Service Release?

The last one was three months ago so we are surely due soon for #6, yes? :-)

Or is there the next version of Poser being released instead?

The recent staff changes and lack of appearances of certain important Smith Micro members makes one wonder what is up their sleeves. . . I hope new and wonderful things!

But a new Service Release for Poser Pro 11 would be very welcome!

Thank you!

• That's a good question. What are you hoping will get fixed? It's a year now since this version was released, and there have already been what, 4 or 5 service releases, which is probably the most any version has ever had before (due in part to the poor shape the program was released in). ISTR the program has an 18-24 month release schedule, so it wouldn't surprise me if we saw no more service patches.

• @matb I don't think a Service Release (patch update) is on the same schedule as a release of a brand new version.

In the past I've seen new versions about every other year, so I don't expect to see Poser 12 until the end of next year, probably around November or December.

That said, this is the first time I've seen so many Service Releases, but from what I've seen posted here, and at other forums shortly after P11/PP11 came out, there was supposed to be a concerted effort to get updates to us on a more timely schedule. When the next "update" will be, is anyone's guess, but I honestly don't think we won't see any more of them before the next full version of Poser debuts.

• administrators

The last time I checked, Service Release #6 was being prepared for public release.
    @able_baker You can try installing #6 from DLM beta channel.

• @admin Thanks for the heads up.

• Well I have no idea what able_baker is wanting to be fixed. But I for one would love to have my "delete render" in the renders section actually delete them again without having to rollback to a previous version. As of right now, I have to exit poser and delete them manually, or restart poser and then they will delete. SR5 somehow locks them now so that renders during a session do not actually delete and will show up again next session.

• @rlowens68 I would assume at least some of the things people have documented on the forums since SR 5 was released. :)

• @admin said in Next Poser Service Release?:

The last time I checked, Service Release #6 was being prepared for public release.
    @able_baker You can try installing #6 from DLM beta channel.

I'm happy to hear there's a #6 on the horizon!

• @Miss-B said in Next Poser Service Release?:

@matb I don't think a Service Release (patch update) is on the same schedule as a release of a brand new version.

In the past I've seen new versions about every other year, so I don't expect to see Poser 12 until the end of next year, probably around November or December.

That said, this is the first time I've seen so many Service Releases, but from what I've seen posted here, and at other forums shortly after P11/PP11 came out, there was supposed to be a concerted effort to get updates to us on a more timely schedule. When the next "update" will be, is anyone's guess, but I honestly don't think we won't see any more of them before the next full version of Poser debuts.

That's true, Miss B, Chuck did say they'd be putting out regular, timely service releases. Glad to know things are still ticking away behind the scenes. :)

• Oh my cow!...please don't screw it up! I finally, after 19 years, have a version that runs like a champ. I haven't experienced a crash or lock-up since SR5. I just know that 'improving' it will bring the crash pixie back. It's so nice to be able to use all those cool tools that Daz lacks. I haven't opened Studio in months now and don't miss it a bit. Wow...real dynamics, Wow...real IK, Wow...real animation that realy-truly-actually works. Wow...a real user manual, Wow...
    ...oops sorry, got carried away.

• @pleasejustwork LOL, I know how you feel, but the service releases have been good for me. In fact, I'm one of the lucky ones that Poser11 has just "worked" for out of the box.

Just don't download the SR until you see feedback here in the forum that no one is having any problems with it and you'll be safe.

• I am happy to hear new SR has released!

• @pleasejustwork said in Next Poser Service Release?:

Oh my cow!...please don't screw it up! I finally, after 19 years, have a version that runs like a champ. I haven't experienced a crash or lock-up since SR5. I just know that 'improving' it will bring the crash pixie back. It's so nice to be able to use all those cool tools that Daz lacks. I haven't opened Studio in months now and don't miss it a bit. Wow...real dynamics, Wow...real IK, Wow...real animation that realy-truly-actually works. Wow...a real user manual, Wow...

Yes and no DAZealots on this forum to stir up $%&#

• @ghostship said in Next Poser Service Release?:

@pleasejustwork said in Next Poser Service Release?:

Yes and no DAZealots on this forum to stir up $%&#

Amen to that!

• @Glitterati3D said in Next Poser Service Release?:

Just don't download the SR until you see feedback here in the forum that no one is having any problems with it and you'll be safe.

Darn it, that was really good advice actually. Wish I'd seen it sooner!

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.