Will Poser support the new Apple AR kit Motion capture frame ???

• @nagra_00_ CUDA is as well. As is DirectX. The thing I see is that CUDA is somewhat cross OS and can be used in a linux based render farm. While Metal is MacOS (and Apple HW only). That will never be used as a render farm. Barely used as a server.

Then you have games. The "Apple Tax" of Mac v. Windows/PC for equivalent performance, plus upgradability makes any serious gaming a non-starter on Apple.

What's left? Mobile? Apple no longer controls that market either.

Yeah, wouldn't go long on that :/

Too bad. I like MacOS. Still. Although the more they "IOS" it, the less I like it.

• I also use mac at home and windows at work, and I prefer my mac. I really love it. I can't give it up.

• @estherau ikr? But Apple... it's like they're purposely trying to make me stop using it. When I bought the rBMP, there was no question. Expensive but better than any other laptop you could get. Now, way more expensive. And not even the best (OS aside). And dropping OpenGL, viable nVidia. Is there any way a CGI person can justify a Mac any more?

• Apple used to be good. I'm a musician and have left the Mac for some of the reasons this guy talks about.

• @ghostship I don't need six different phones at $700 (at least) a pop. Apple has always been expensive. I remember back in the 80's a Mac Classic was at least $2000. I could buy a cheaper used car. That said, Macs were all I used for a LOONG time. Up until I got sick a couple of years ago, and needed mobility. THAT's why I left Apple. I still have a Mac on my desktop. My directory started out on my Mac, but I moved over to the lap top and started using that full time.

• @eclark1849 yeah, back in 1987 I wanted a Mac Plus but Atari was making the 1040ST that used the same hardware for $900 AND it had built in MIDI ports and a color screen. Later I did get a Mac Quadra 440AV (at a discount because my brother worked at Apple) and kept using Macs till 2011. I think the current mindset at Apple is nostalgia for the old days when they were charging $8000 for the Mac II and IIcx. People see though that BS now.

• I currently have three Mac products, but all showing their age. Haven't upgraded my iPhone 6S yet and from what I understand iOS13 won't be supporting them). I'm not about to spend over 1K for a cellphone. Not on a fixed income.

I think my iPad will probably have the same issue. Oh well.

And I have a 2016 Mac Book Pro that I got just before the layoff (for doc purposes). I haven't touched it since then, so it sits here most of the time. (sigh) But should I need it for whatever reason I guess it's still there.

• Hmmm... appropriately timed. I just got an updte that Windows 7 support will end in January 2020. Guess it's time to upgrade to Windows 10 finally. Where's my Mac?

• @eclark1849 McDonalds has a big one at a reasonable price.

• @thoennes Thanks, but I already have one. Plus, I don't like McDonald's.