UI customization question

• I was curious if it was possible to adjust the size (width) of the slider bar on the library window. I have it docked to one side and the slider is like a quarter the width of my mouse pointer, making it nearly impossible to move unless I really work to "grab it".

Is there anything I can adjust or hack in the ui files to increase its size?

• @doc000
    Not having that issue here. Do you have a 4K monitor by chance? If you do you might try opening the Preferences dialog, then click the Interface tab. Set the UI scale to 2 if you have a 4K monitor.

Either that, or reduce your monitor resolution to the 1920x1080 setting. This is what I do because I still have several programs that don't work well in UHD, and my eyes are too old to see icons the size of your mouse pointer. 8-)

• @deecey
    I don't have a 4k monitor and the resolution is 1600x900 (which I think was the default).

Here's what the slide bars look like for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kudz8mbc4l15u3s/ui_sliders.jpg?dl=0

And that's how they look on any window, docked or floating (it's actually almost non-existent when I open the heirarchy window). Those sliders are less than half the size of my cursor, which means I have be very precise when clicking them to move them. If I could just "fatten" them up, life would be good. :)

• @doc000

It looks like the issue is the number of folders you have in your runtime. The side scroll bar is going to size itself based on the number of items you have to scroll through from the top of the list to the bottom. It's the same type of thing you would see in a web browser when you open up a really long web page ... the side scroll bar automatically sizes itself so that you can scroll from the top of the page to the bottom.

I don't think there is a UI setting that can control that.

• You CAN use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the list too. Or the Page Up and Page Down keys to go up or down by a larger increment.

• I don't know if it will help you or not but I have the library undocked and floating, that way I can have a large library without compromising my UI. Doesn't necessarily help with the size of the slider, but I find it easier to use that way. My monitor is 1920x1200.

0_1560712918020_poser_ui.jpg

• @doc000 I'm not sure if what I do with my Library will help you either, but thought I'd show it to you, and if you're interested, I have instructions on how to set it up.

IOW, I use the External Library option that wasn't available before P11/PP11, which is basically viewing it in your web browser of choice. As you can see I can have as many items in each folder showing across a line, as it's resizable, and the vertical scrollbars, are like scrollbars on any long page on any web site. My monitor resolution is 1600x900 by default.

0_1560721541649_ExternalContentLibrary.jpg

• If you are using Windows 10, check to see if narrow scroll bars is turned on. Many times it is by default.

Settings, Ease of Access, Display, second option in the Simplify area in build 1903.

• @deecey
    Ah, ok...that would explain things. I have my library divided up quite a bit (by charcter, by clothing type, indoor items, outdoor items, etc.), so if the slider bar is related to the number of folders, I'm the reason it's very thin. :)

I've tried using the library floating, but it became more of an annoyance than anything else. And viewing in the web browser seems like it would be just as annoying to me.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions...I appreciate it. I suppose I'll just live with the tiny slider bars.