Organizing runtimes

• Poser Ambassadors

Ok ... I have 48 runtimes ... some specialty some just so lists aren't too long in each. I want to be able to organize them in a logical order in my library panel.

How do I do that? And how much python do I need to know to do it. Sounds a little scary, but I thought I would ask. Has anyone made a script for this?

• You don't need python, just a text editor. It's easy enough I can do it. Go to your libraryprefs.xml. In windows it can be found here C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Poser Pro\11. Make a copy of the file in case you mess up. Open it in a text editor. Notepad should work. You will see a bunch of lines like this <ContentFolder folder="F:\Poser stuff\Poser Runtimes\Aiko\Runtime\libraries" index="6" searchIndexed="1" /> (actual paths may vary) You can rearrange those lines in whatever order you want. If I remember correctly, the index number can be ignored. It can be a little tedious, but not difficult.

• @redphantom That's how I do it, and it works fine. Also good to keep a backup of that file somewhere. When I upgrade or reinstall or use Poser on two machines (at different times, of course) it's easy to sync that file to place.

• Poser Ambassadors

Fantastic! I will give it a go tomorrow! Thank you.

• @boni backup backup and backup that file.

• @boni Did I mention backup?