Saving Genesis expressions

• Saving Genesis expressions in Poser seems to be a no go. Genesis 1 enables me to save them using full body poses by activating the morphs option. Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 I cannot save facial expressions at all. Any thoughts please?

• I'm not at my Poser machine right now, but my guess is that the Genesis 1 facial expression pose controls are in the Head actor, as they were in previous figures, whilst those of Genesis 2 and 3 are in the Body actor...

• The names of all the parts have been named and grouped differently. Do you have any thoughts about a solution please?

• Poser Ambassadors

@matb said in Saving Genesis expressions:

Saving Genesis expressions in Poser seems to be a no go. Genesis 1 enables me to save them using full body poses by activating the morphs option. Genesis 2 and Genesis 3 I cannot save facial expressions at all. Any thoughts please?

I've had the same problem with Genesis 3 and it is quite frustrating . I know with Willdial's plugin it changes things in the face. perhaps he could write a plugin that solved this. My guess is they would no longer be compatible in DS but for Poser it would be ok.

If you aren't going to distribute them I wonder if it would be possible to save it as a morph injection?

I'm definitely interested if you find a solution. Otherwise I could contact Willdial.

Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee If you have someone you could ask that would really do me a solid. Would you post the answer if the person has a solution.

• I was sure there was a script floating around that would let one save selected dials as a pose, but I can't seem to lay hands on it...

• @wandw You wouldn't be thinking of Netherworks' Posewriter Panel? If not, I'd be interested to know more please.

• Poser Ambassadors

@lululee If you have someone you could ask that would really do me a solid. Would you post the answer if the person has a solution.
    Hi,
    I've been away from the computer. Pre Christmas stuff is eating my brain.

I've just quickly tested Netherworks Pose writer panel.
    It does work., however there are some odities.
    For sure it works if you save with:
    1-Body selected
    2-Morphs selected
    I did not get it to save if I selected the "head"

Next oddity:
    My advice would be to make your expressions on a zero body/face because
    It will write every morph in the entire body/face
    So you will need to remove everything that is set to 0
    Otherwise it will change all the morphs to zero other than those you have set.

You might get good results with working with some of the individual face parts such as "chin" etc.
    I have not tested that yet but I will test it soon.

If you would like screen shots let me know.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheerio
    lululee

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/posewriter-panel/87168/

0_1482428252311_ExpressionTest.jpg

0_1482428267449_FaceTest.jpg

• Thanks. So is the end result suitable for commercial distribution or does it do weird things?

• Poser Ambassadors

Thanks. So is the end result suitable for commercial distribution or does it do weird things?

I find it is a normal pose setting. I will use it on my products.
    The only problem is it writes it for everything in body so you need to remove everything that is 0 or unecessary because if you apply it to a
    morphed character it will turn the character to zero except for the exact expressions or morphs that you changed.
    Cheerio
    lululee
    Are you familiar with editing a pose file like this?
    Example:
    actor BODY:1
    {
    channels
    {
    valueParm SubDivisionLevel
    {
    keys
    {
    k 0 1.0
    }
    }
    targetGeom Wrist Thickness
    {
    keys
    {
    k 0 0.0
    }
    }
    targetGeom Waist Straightness
    {
    keys
    {
    k 0 0.0
    }
    }
    targetGeom Waist Size
    {
    keys
    {
    k 0 0.0
    }
    }
    targetGeom Waist Shape 2
    {
    keys
    {
    k 0 0.0
    }

• Dial Manager 2015 would likely be closer to what you want for exporting a pose/expression with specific dials. It is a for-sale product though.

Another method might be to temporarily write a Morph Injection, if you have Poser 11 Pro. Just bear with this...

Select the head or whatever, go to File, Export, Morph Injection. Select exactly which dials you want to export. It will create a pmd that you don't want but it also creates a pose file that might be easier to edit through. Just a thought.

• lulu - I have Poser File Editor, so editing a file manually is possible, although much more work than my project merits! :-)

Netherworks - I have no problem paying for a product that does what I want if it' s reasonably priced. I already use some of your tools, so one more would be just fine. Does dial manager work with non-standard dials? ie, parts that do not conform to M4/V4 design? Will the resulting file be compatibl;e with Poser AND Daz? What's a PMD?

• It works with any dials. it tries to resolve "Value Operations", which means it tries to find the master connections and write those dials. Since all the Genesis stuff is double-wired in Poser (head dials also exist in the body) it's probably best to turn that feature off and make very specific selections. It doesn't write any .ds, .dsa, .duf, and whatnot files for DAZ Studio. I put all my stuff at CP and Rendo on an "end of year" sale.

PMD is the morphs injection file introduced in Poser 6 ;)

• A search of "dial" "dial manager" "dialmanager" and "manager" returns nothing at either store. It does not show up in your DAZ Netherworks store either. Direct link please. Same price in both stores?

• Poser Ambassadors

@matb
    Here's the link to DialManager
    If we can tell it to write only non zero dials that would be great.
    Cheerio
    lululee
    http://www.contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=27423

• Poser Ambassadors

• Poser Ambassadors

@matb
    Renderosity link.
    I'm going to get it today.
    Hopefully netherworks will step in and tell us how to get it to write only non zero.
    Cheerio
    lululee
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dial-manager-2015/116450/

• NIce one - cheers guys. Purchased.

• Poser Ambassadors

@matb
    Keep us posted as to how you like it.
    Cheerio
    lululee

• @lululee said in Saving Genesis expressions:

@matb
    Renderosity link.
    I'm going to get it today.
    Hopefully netherworks will step in and tell us how to get it to write only non zero.
    Cheerio
    lululee
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dial-manager-2015/116450/

There are special keywords you can search for that are conditions. Works in any "search" function in the utility and the Filter line (the filter line lets you filter all the dials by characters or conditions).

For Parameters and Morphs that are above 0, you'd search for (pos) or (positive). Yes, you put those terms in parenthesis.

Looks like your connection to Graphics Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.